Went to see Skerryvore again tonight (Viroqua, whiskey Sessions in Madison, and then the Madison show) because even though it sold out before we remembered to pickup tickets, when Keito (who works merch for the guys when they're nearby) said to me after Whiskey Sessions while we were just all talking and drinking at the bar, "See you tomorrow?" and I explained about failing to buy tickets, she grabbed martin and pulled him aside told him (while Crissy was talking to Craig), "These lovely ladies didn't pick up their tickets for tomorrow before they sold out" and before she could get any further, Martin just pulled out his phone and opened up to their guest list started putting my name in then with a wink at me handed his phone to Keito said, "Ere, make sure to get their names right, I've had too much whisky to trust me." They're allowed up to 10 people on the guestlist and we were only the 3rd/4th on it so I didn't feel bad at all for it, if anything I'm glad that it meant two other people were able to go and buy tickets for it since they didn't have the means to get on the guestlist. Martin gave me some shit about it afterward though that I hadn't brought it up or asked because he'd be putting me on the guestlist any time if I just asked. But then he whispered in my ear, "Just don't tell everyone too loud, we can't guest list all oru favorites." Then after he got pulled away by someone else wanting to talk to him, back in the conversation with Craig, Crissy started telling him we weren't going to see them tomorrow after he brought it up and so he started looking around for Martin as I just leaned in said, "No no. That's been sorted. We'll see you tomorrow Craig." And at that both Craig and Martin who had came back just in time to hear that part both started laughing and I got another bonus Martin hug for it. (Martin is one of the small handful of people who can come right up near me and not register in my space bubble that they're there that close to me. Curiously enough, everyone in my life who has ever been able to get into my space bubble without me noticing or registering their presence are all Pisces sun babies, lol.) I do adore Martin, even though in the past he can be a bit of a man-whore just because he's hot and well muscled though never crossed that line fluffed his kilt with me (both he and his brother and his band mates have all said, same as many others I've known in the Celtic music communities, that they don't consider me groupie material they consider me friend who you would only date if ready to take home to mam), but his Scottish accent is pretty thick (thicker than his brothers) so sometimes he gets self-conscious talking to me and we coexist but let other people talk unless he's been drinking enough for his over thinking to erode but not so much he starts extra slurring throwing in thick Scots Gallic phrases, lol. Which is honestly just part of Martin's charm, lol. Also, he's probably the only man I can think of who I'm sexually attracted to even though he's not taller than me -- he's just that hot, lol. But it's also probably part of my intimidating him when he wants to talk.
Don't worry, you don't have to consider Martin in my collection of guys who I'd say yes to if they asked -- pretty sure he and Cèline are still together and he stopped being a man whore when they started dating seems very serious about her since they met. But that didn't stop me from writing a version of him into one of my novels because he's just so lovable.
But was very grateful for being guestlisted and having the Skerryvore show tonight!! it's their 20th year together as a band (15th year in the US, first gigs in WI) and it's just lovely to still have them in my life as a regular I can look forward to year upon year. Hopefully us politics will allow them to still come in Aug as planned for me to see them again!
Also from tonight: At dinner, Crissy and I were talking about shows and she picked up tickets for Arcadian wild at Vivarium on May 2 AND Cassie & Maggie in La Cross on May 4 and didn't double check against a calendar that we already have Madison Opera tickets for Don Giovanni on May 4 that Denis picked up and it only runs may 2 & May 4 (unsure why it isn't May 3, but so it is.) I noticed it when putting in my calendar after the show and chatting/drinking and Crissy heading home to bed. Whoops! That's a future me problem to untangle... I texted Crissy about it, don't expect to hear from her til later tomorrow (today now.) I also texted her about the potential future Skerryvore gigs in the calendar (other than August fest season) but I'm not ready to ticket level commit I don't think right now because who the hell knows if 47 and his regime will even still be letting my Irish and Scottish music friends in on work visas by then?!?! I mean, not only did Cassie & Maggie (from Nova Scotia) have the traffic stop in Ohio that was so weird earlier this year made them feel unsafe, but on their way back into the states for this tour opening for Skerryvore then on their own a bit later, Cassie had her rosin for her bow confiscated at the border and was interrogated about it and they made her clean her fiddle because it can become a white dust as you bow after applying the rosin... They didn't test the rosin or even have a drug dog sniff it, they just harassed her and took it away and made it a problem. I only learned about this at the Viroqua show, but like, while talking to Craig (a fiddle player) tonight and in talking with other fiddle players I know, none of them have ever heard of anything like that happening before about rosin in their fiddle cases being confiscated and causing interrogation.... She could buy more rosin once across the border and can just throw away the unused and make sure she cleans the rosin dust off her fiddle -- but that's the level of harassment Canadians are now dealing with even when they are female and very white traveling as musicians. Poor girls....
Also also. Got the email from poll working, clerk's office fucked up and put down for 6am-2:15pm instead of 6am-2:15am.... Big difference between getting paid for 8 hours of work versus 20.... I email them back even though it was like midnight by the time I saw it because they need to be emailed back by April 16 to get it fixed if they messed up your hours/payroll. But yeah... FFS.... Hopefully they fix that.
Still waiting for the check from the insurance company to clear before moving forward on my car situation. But it's driving well for me and not an issue and so I'm going to tell my mum she should have Ross look at next week (when it warms up again a touch) about removing the decals so we can move forward with the money and title exchanging hands. I also still need to email my insurance agent about switching my insurance from the Scion (now totalled) to the Prius, but I was going to wait until after my payment on the 20 (unless we have me outright by the Prius before then) because the Scion insurance was much cheaper than on the black Prius, lol. On verra.
Also. How is it this late?! Eh feck. Time to head home!
P. S. Not sure how, but Diarmaid looks particularly hot in his most recent video update for Onoir, even for him. Like DAMN!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment