Monday, October 14, 2024

 I got all my cold sensitive plants that can't handle well going below 40F and will die under 35F in tonight just in case (the nightshades and the basil.) So that's done. I hauled it around a lot in the dark because I stayed longer at my parents house watching football with my mum and the girls because Sophie (my parents dog) went in with my da to work and it took way longer to replace the RO filtered water spigot than he or Uncle Jeff expected so Sophie didn't make it back until 4th quarter of the Packers game and she went from so excited to be home to just completely disappointed and hurt when she saw me and Waffles there, Waffle sin her jersey, and the game already on. Like the kid not invited to the birthday party who just stumbles on the end of it. So we put her jersey on her and then extra celebrated the end but then she was so sad still to have missed out on the pack activity that I promised her we'd never ever ever do that to her again and I'd come fetch her before starting without her -- I hadn't realized it had come to mean so much to her. And then my mum and I decided to watch the following game (Lions at Cowboys) and the dogs could have bonus treats for every play that got points on the board and DAMN but the Lions played damn good football!!! So girls got a lot of bonus treats. And the one quarter of Packers game and three quarters of the Lions-Cowboys game counted for Sophie to feel she hadn't been excluded.  But that was why I got to work right around sunset and still had to move all my heavy plants inside. Next weekend, we'll be watching on delay due to symphony (for me) and also doing a late game watch zoom with my sister's family but will have to wait until they get back from Whidbey Island so more like 6pm ish.

So. Also. Fair to ask me, "Dani, why the hell are you HERE writing instead of sleeping when you have to leave by 11am to drop the doggo off then head downtown for your first svd assignment for the general election AND have to be awake and patient for helping the elderly get their absentee votes submitted." Fair. Valid. Only.... When I checked my assignments on Saturday morning, all three were listed in the portal (and the last email update of my assignments came in on Fri) but when I double checked again tonight (after moving all the plants inside) to make sure I hadn't received any new last minute assignments from someone else cancelling, my Mon assignment was no longer listed. Soooo, I'm going to assume that either the location cancelled (like if they have a covid outbreak within the facility) or they downgraded how many svd workers are needed so I got cut?... Or it's a glitch in the portal and I'm supposed to still work?... No idea. And I'll have no further insights until I can call the city clerk who is in charge of svd assignments in the morning just to verify -- because why deal with driving downtown and paying to park only to get there and not be needed/wanted? But if they ARE expecting me, then I want to make sure I am there instead of a no show. And I can't know which I should do until I can hear from someone who should know -- but calling first thing in the morning seems a better idea than sending an email which may or may not get checked until way after I'm supposed to have shown up.  Soooo, I guess I'll know in the morning for certain certain if I can get a hold of Heather or someone on her team, but I'm expecting to not have the assignment.  What I SHOULD do tomorrow (if I'm the best best version of me) is that if I genuinely no longer have the assignment, I should call and schedule to take my car over to Tires Plus for the overdue oil change/tire rotation/alignment. AND if they can't schedule me for same day, then I should schedule it for Weds or Thurs (my no svd assignment days this week) to get the damn appointment made and then spend the day getting some of my laundry done. But you know, first things first is to get SOME sleep (even if not as much as I should have if I KNEW I had the assignment) so I can call in first thing early morning to verify whether I do or do not have the assignment.

My Tuesday assignment (which is me with one other woman (the courier who has worked that location many times) sent me a lovely email over the weekend reaching out explaining the organization there and that she had already emailed the front desk organizer and letting me know we should make sure to prioritize anyone who needs to register to vote as it's first visit (so within registration window) because the second visit to the location for cleanup of missed voters will be outside the registration window. She seems very nice and organized and I'm very excited for my Tuesday afternoon assignment! And then my Friday one if my long one and a lot of people at a location I've never been and know nothing about and we may have an observer at that one.

But anyway. On verra about tomorrow (today now) when I get to tomorrow (today now) working hours. Mreow. But, I do expect I'm no longer assigned for that location/time and that's why it disappeared. Which is why I'm not fussed about not yet having taken myself to sleep. But I should soon, shouldn't I? Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment