Thursday, September 26, 2024

 This morning suddenly feels like something big, something major is coming. Like a tsunami just over the horizon. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't feel good -- it gives me the instinct to run like I've had when in the line of tropical storms/hurricanes or hiking on/near active volcanoes or when I've been too close to wildfires heading my direction. It's not like an incoming tornado which the instinct is to dig deep find a cave hunker down and hide, it's that whatever is coming there is no hiding from and you need to get out of the way before you can't.  

And I have no idea what it is in any sort of precise way.... Most likely is it's Hurricane Hélène, but that's crazy given I'm very far from the impacts of it reaching this far north into the Midwest and I've got the entire Appalachians between me and the force of it. But if it's not the physical warning even across this distance of Hurricane Hélène coming into land, then there's something. And I can't tell if it's natural or what it is, but there's a tsunami coming just over the edge of the horizon just past where my precog line of sight can see right now.... This is the instinctive gut wrench animal brain to flee and flee now before you can't and something bigger than you destroys and transforms everything in front of it. 

And whatever it is everything in me is saying to run and get out of the path because it's too big for any human sized fight and hiding won't save you -- you just have to get out of the path of what's coming. 

And I have no idea what it refers to... Only that whatever it is it's coming and all my instinctual lizard brain warning bells only started going off over it with the need to flee because I'm too close to whatever it is in the last 20-30mins or so but it's increasing not decreasing, the sense of a need to flee out of the line of incoming peril. 

And right now, I have no idea why. But it's bigger than anyone or anything in my life, it's a big tsunami. And I don't actually know what the target is, only the feeling you have to get to safety if you want to survive it. 

The dogs are both asleep, Waffles is twitching in her dreams right against me. (My parents are out of town til next Tues, so I am house sitting between two homes with two dogs and a cat and the cat can't come to the house and one of the dogs can't come to my condo.  Birds are shrieking outside this morning, but there's nothing I can pinpoint other than me and the birds are crazy on edge feeling the need to flee to somewhere safe from whatever is coming I can't even tell you if it's weather or geologic or solar or geopolitical. Only that whatever it is, it's coming and fast and it's too big and deadly to have any hope of fighting or surviving except by fleeing from its path.

Afternoon Addendum:

Still feeling that way, though now it's the learning to live with the restlessness of always having that animal urge you HAVE to flee the way I get once I'm staying more than a couple days on active fault lines and active volcanoes. I just get twitchy and feel the need to flee to where I will be safe when I can't trust the earth or the skies or a raging fire....

It's probably just Hurricane Hélène ramping up speed and power as she's coming into land and the impact it's going to have.... But also, I no longer have any family or friends still in Florida except great-uncle Bob (who lives in a retirement community near Orlando on the far side from the storm surge) and the nearest family besides that would be my aunts in Charlottesville (and who may not even be there right now given how much they travel and live abroad.) So it's weird that I'd be feeling for myself or empathic cord overlays hitting me this strongly the flight instinct of "get out, get out, you have to flee before you can't!" so strongly when I'm far enough north and west to be completely insulated from this absolute monster of a hurricane and nobody I love is in the line of the worst of it needing to be warned.

Looks like the birds agree with me according to Bird cast:

Whatever it is, the birds are responding exactly the way I'm feeling to Hurricane Hélène coming into land.... And this is the biggest swathe of emptiness I have ever seen from Bird Watch even with the most devastating hurricanes within my lifetime....

No comments:

Post a Comment