As I said, I didn't actually have time to finish ANY books for like a solid month in there (most of leo season) between watching the Olympics and Paralympics, Irishfesting, work in the in between fests, 16.5 hours poll working for the primary, after parties of fests, and all the other things surrounding this year's Irish season. So even this is a three month summary, it's a woefully short list of books read, lol. It's been a very light reading load this third quarter because I really haven't had much time at all for reading. But don't worry, Oct and Nov look like they have time for hermitting and reading AND the first part of my three week visit to my sister's family in Seattle area I should be able to read at least a little during the weekdays before the kids are off school. So the next list should (hopefully) help make up for this one being so short)
Also, almost all the books acquired except the titles obviously bought at irishfests or plays from APT or my grandma's two newest books in her ongoing series or from Llewellyn when I ordered my 2025 astrological calendar & date book (namely the two books on Welsh folklore) are almost entirely from free little libraries.
Books Read:
~Marie Louise Von Franz, Interpretation of Fairytales (160 pgs)
~Marisela TreviƱo Orta, Wolf at the Door (57 pgs)
~William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing (120 pgs) [this is the Bantam Classics copy I used once in a production since it was the easiest of the copies I own to grab right before we were seeing it without me having to move any other books of plays]
~edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling, The Green Man: Tales from the Mythic Forest (384 pgs) [a collection of fantasy short stories by all different authors; I very much enjoyed it]
~J. T. Page Jr., The Kingdom Queen (95 pgs) [I picked this up in a little library somewhere, it's very simplistic middle grade reading level. Not bad, just very simplistic. But at least it was a quick read. It may end up back in a little library tbh]
~August Wilson, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom (122 pgs)
~Michael Faber, D: A Tale of Two Worlds (299 pgs)
~Jean Anouilh (adapted in English by Christopher Fry), Ring Round the Moon (87 pgs)
~Arundhati Roy, The God of Small Things (321 pgs)
~Mark Tompkins, The Last Days of Magic (384 pgs)
~Christina Rossetti, Selected Poems of Christina Rossetti (274 pgs)
~Brian Friel, Dancing at Lughnasa (86 pgs)
~The Penguin Book of Mermaids (330 pgs)
~Barbara Sjoholm, The Pirate Queen: In Search of Grace O'Malley and Other Legendary Women of the Sea (355 pgs) [this ended up being more of a travelogue about exploring the reality of the land and seas while learning the stories and histories of women who roamed them before her. I enjoyed it for what it was, but it wasn't at all what I rather expected it to be....]
~Eoin Colfer & P. J. Lynch, Three Tasks For A Dragon (107 pgs)
~Joseph Jacobs (collector), Celtic Fairy Tales (267 pgs)
~Nick Payne, Constellations (47 pgs)
~Edwin Arlington Robinson, Selected Poems (257 pgs)
~Stephen L. Antczak & James C. Bassett (editors), Clockwork Fairy Tales: A Collection of Steampunk Fables (323 pgs)
Books Acquired:
~Zoe Anderson, The Ballet Lover's Companion
~Jean Anouilh (adapted in English by Christopher Fry), Ring Round the Moon
~Caleb Carr, The Alienist
~Caleb Carr, The Angel of Darkness
~Eoin Colfer & P. J. Lynch, Three Tasks for a Dragon
~T. Crofton Crocker, Irish Fairy Legends
~Tony DiTetlizzi, Kenny & the Dragon
~Brian Friel, Dancing at Lughnasa
~Stephanie Garber, Once Upon a Broken Heart
~Anthony Horowitz, The Gatekeepers Book One: Raven's Gate
~Helen Hunt Jackson, Ramona
~M. A. Larson, Pennyroyal Academy
~Nuala O'Faolain, Are You Somebody?
~Mhara Starling, Welsh Fairies
~Mhara Starling, Welsh Witchcraft
~Clarence C. Strowbridge (ed.), 100 Favorite English & Irish Poems
~D. E. Weingand, Crystal Saga Series 4 -- Books 1 & 2: Defense = Offense & Interplanetary Conflict
~D. E. Weingand, Crystal Saga Series 4 -- Books 3 & 4: The New Order & Adapting to Change
~August Wilson, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
~W. B. Yeats, The Celtic Twilight: Faerie and Folklore
No comments:
Post a Comment