Sunday, March 31, 2024

 I really loved seeing Bailen on Friday night!!!! Their sibling harmonies are just soooo gorgeous and their songwriting gets stuck in my head a lot. Also, they do my absolute favorite cover of The Chain!!! (Side note: before you question that, yes Bailen DOES do my favorite cover of The Chain because my old favorite cover is now dead to me so can't even be considered as an option in the running for MY favorite, it has has been this way since it was made clear to me that I was unwanted and unwelcome as a fan to the band that had previously been my favorite cover of The Chain -- and then that was confirmed for me in August 2019 when they had gone independent but were still unable/unwilling to even acknowledge me bringing up that I had been blocked without warning or reason given following a comment I made to their instagram post that I loved the new song hands Dirty and was sad that the twang of country radio vocals before/after their sets was causing me physical pain due to my synesthesia so I was going to be unable to continue attending their shows. And there is nothing short of fixing what happened and making it right so that I no longer feel I am unwanted and unwelcome by the band as a collective that will change that -- nothing they can do musically to make me love their cover once more if they don't address what was done in the band's name in 2018. as far as I am concerned, the band and all their music is dead to me since the band as a collective allows decisions to stand that make it clear they wish not to exist to me -- therefore to respect the boundary created in the band's name as a collective there is nothing created by the collective in the past, present, or future is allowed to exist to me no matter what it is or how much I once loved it or could love it ... That's just how it is. And I strive to feel nothing regarding the band's non-existence and death to me other than to acknowledge the facts of what happened and the consequences of it and that there is nothing that will improve that without first removing the block created in the band's name. So no, your cover of The Chain isn't my favorite and I won't even call it a past favorite as I am doing my best to respect the boundary created in the band's name and not to allow the band or anything they create or do to exist to me. And that will be my stance for as long as the block and the boundary exists. Don't like it? Do something about removing the block/boundary and set things right. Otherwise, you will have to accept and deal with this reality same as I have had to accept and deal with the boundary of the band not wanting to exist to me and completely refusing to even acknowledge or respond to any attempt I made to try to communicate about this but like victim blaming comments when I tried to bring it up publicly when I was getting no responses to privately reaching out -- which is what ultimately made me turn from thinking something must have been misunderstood or a mistake made to me feeling unwelcome and unwanted as a fan. I don't ask you to like it, I don't claim I like it either, but either change it if you can or accept this as my truth in this situation if you don't have the power to make the changes that could heal it.)  Anyway, it was really great to see Bailen for my fifth time!!!! Even if the fire alarms all went off between the opener and the start of their set so everyone had to be evacuated then brought back in after it was all cleared. Which was an experience, but also it was a very polite orderly crowd and everyone just made friends with the people who had been around them and everyone went back to where they had been before the alarms went off and frankly, I've never seen anything like that in any crowd at any venue for any artist! It was wildly refreshing to see such a collective community watching out for each other returning to where everyone was before the fire alarms and evacuation.  Also I liked Bel who opened for them, though I didn't love that she worked with a pre-recorded track onstage... I prefer either just accepting it's you and your guitar/keyboard when you tour solo or you learn pedal looping techniques to layer sounds for the songs -- but either way a live show is about the music you make here and now in the moment of the connection in this performance. When I want something recorded, I'll listen to your recordings you made available but it's not why I came to see a live performance.  I'm not a fan of using pre-recorded track/samples in a live act, even if it's your own self pre-recorded. I'm just not. That was really my only complaint though, was that I would have preferred an in person completely performance for the live show, no matter how great the recorded layers might be....

I will definitely be prioritizing seeing Bailen again next time they're driveably close for me!!! I just love their harmonies and their songs and they're all so good instrumentally. 

Also. I did something interesting last night. When I checked in, the space didn't need me to renew either the gridding blessing protections or my newer boundaries not to allow malevolent attachments within places of energy exchange. It was all full up shiny bright didn't need anything from me. And YET, I was full of energetic power that I had to release SOMEHOW. So instead, after we came in from the fire alarm evacuation, I decided to try something else after what I had observed about this collective and the way it had functioned withing my blessed protected space and upon leaving it.. So what I did instead with all that spirit energy is I decided that since the rule is unincarnated spirits aligned with the light require that an incarnating being call on them to ASK for assistance before they can intervene, I decided to work with my allies as I had with the trap set my last time at ICHC by a VERY powerful VERY malevolent unincarnated entity that works through attachments (among other ways) that I decided that instead of defensive confrontation that could hurt innocents, I'd just called down and sic on the entity the four major archangels I know and with whom I work.  And so I said, "This is a collective fight, not my fight alone. So let's work with the allies bring this to a collective level choice and fight but set right any cheating to tilt the balances away from fairness." And so I used all the spiritual energy power channeling into/through me and I called on each of the four major archangels I have worked with across lifetimes and I gave each of them a simple ask to work their main domains on people as needed and to remove my own judgement. I asked Michale to protect those who needed protecting, Gabriel to teach those needing to learn, Raphael to heal those needing healing, and for Metatron to merkabah the fuck out of everyone who required it. Only, I didn't realize until after each of them replied affirmative and full of gratitude to be asked and I felt the energy released from me and capped off and the ripples of my request starting from what I had done, I did not put any sort of temporal constraints of space/time on that ask... It is literally just a standing request for intervention and blessing from the archangels for all of humanity across space and time rippling outward.  It's created the ripples of fateline shiftings, but the wake of that request I made has been this overwhelming sense of peace and that things are on the path toward better/brighter fatelines than they have been for the last, I dunno, 15 years or so?... That was unexpected, not gonna lie, and I couldn't figure out the extent of the ripples and the wake of what I had done until I realized I hadn't put any form of temporal boundaries so the blessing I had thought to ask for all in that space I essentially asked for all humanity across all space/time. I'd say whoops, but I honestly think the omission had better consequences than anything I could have intended.

Anyway, I'm in a bit of a lull and trying to get hours in this weekend toward next week because next week is going to disappear fast on me... Monday afternoon I take grandma to her gerontology appointment, Tuesday I'm volunteering polling from 6am til 1:30pm then going from there directly to pickup my grandma and take her to her 2:45pm podiatry appointment and THEN go vote in the primary at my own polling place. And if I can get all my hours in early enough in the week for it not to stress me out, I owuld LIKE to go see Fraser and Haas at Bur Oak Fri ngiht and/or ICHC on Sat (though the ICHC show is a $30-40 ticket, AND I should try to get hours in then rest on Saturday. Then next Sunday, March 7, Crissy adn I are driving down to St. Louis again to revisit all our favorite places AND as a close(ish) place we like to visit near the eclipse line to get up early on Monday and drive down to Cape Girardeau for the actual solar eclipse since we can't return to the winery where we saw the last one in 2017 that made the x across exactly the area we were in. Then at some point on Tuesday March 9 after we finish the remaining checklist of places we love want to visit while there is the drive back up from St. Louis.  And then nothing else in the way of getting my hours in until the weekend which is only a book sale in Milwaukee the following Sat and brunch/symphony the following Sunday. And then my life starts to slow down be less overbooked with May/June having next to nothing at all in them, tbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment