Yes we stayed for some private party session in the back pub, yes I flirted with Andrea after the show or rather he flirted with me, but no it wasn't much more than chatting up and letting him buy me a beer (because the wine in the Irish pub at the back of the old church converted into a music venue made us both raise eyebrows at it judgey.) I did warn you I would and that you should expect I would behave that way since I'm single and I see no reason for me not to.
Honestly, session with the guys was pretty short tonight, maybe half dozen songs between chatting and drinking, because they were just hanging out til they needed to catch an Uber to the airport (they fly to West Coast for the next leg of their American tour dates) and after that it was just more of a private party with open bar of us and Amy and Sara Lou and Rory and Molly and some other people in the Milwaukee Irish music community who I know but whose names I can't recall.
I did say it was LIGHT flirtation I didn't expect to go anywhere given timelines and the number of people around. Having dated international long distance before, I wouldn't do it casually especially in the Irish music scene where chances of continuously running into each other having mutuals is VERY high. It's not the biggest music community and also it's very much like extended family or small town where once anybody knows your business EVERYONE knows your business. Keith is a bit of an exception for me to even consider dating if/when there isn't an ocean between us - we have a LOT of mutuals and it would very much be a thing to go there at all and so light flirtation is one thing but dating would be something else entirely. It's not off the table as far as I'm concerned, we'd just have to both be serious in agreement about wanting it. Keith from Ireland is a far more likely development into dating situation than Andrea from Italy.
Also. And there's no nice way to say this. But I preferred their sub they had in Waterloo, Gabriel, for banjos and vocals while Lorenzo was playing with another band. Which is a hard thing to say given Lorenzo is founding member the band is his baby. But Lorenzo is a good banjo player, not a great one and can't keep up with how great the others play instrumentally AND he didn't have a very good singing voice especially not to be lead on some songs. Maybe he had laryngitis or recovering from a cold or something, but his voice was not great and didn't suit the songs or harmonize well with Andrea or Giacomo (the guitarist.) I'm still glad went to go see them and had great craic tonight and they still sounded amazing, just not as good as when they played with Gabriel in Iowa.
O!!!!!
And!!! I almost forgot!!!!! Did you see the moon tonight???? ๐ It was rising over Milwaukee directly in front of us as we were driving mostly easterly to the venue and it was the biggest most luminous beautiful red-colored hunter's full moon in Aries that I have ever seen in my life!!!!! I mean, I knew beforehand it was the last super moon of the year, but with the hazy fog, it was so huge and so red and the mares/craters so detailed tonight that it didn't even look like it could possibly be real! Fucking gorgeous!!!! ๐ it was beautiful upon leaving the venue and also for the drive back to Madison and to pickup my dog from my parents, but by then it was high in the sky and normal sized and lambent white in color -- it was during moonrise it was so mind blowingly stunning tonight, at least here in Wisconsin!
Gotta run -- unclear yet if I intend to sleep, but I need to meet Crissy and Amy downtown at 7:30 and before that will have to drop off Waffles at work and get some cash and such. So whether I sleep for like 4hrs or less or more likely don't sleep at all, I'm going to stop writing here now and go make some tea and read for a bit or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment