Wednesday, March 29, 2023

 There I was, just minding my own business reading a book and sipping tea and not sleeping all night because of the aforementioned reading a book, and then the sunrise starts to peek over the horizon turning everything golden when suddenly bam! out of nowhere my subconscious starts singing, "If you love me you’ll know, And you’ll come back home. The way’s not dark, The feeling’s still that same old spark. We’ve never felt alone. So come back home." Just that part is in my head this morning and whenever it starts up again I keep smiling and spontaneously singing it out loud.

And honestly, I'm not even the least bit mad, it actually made me laugh and think to myself, "dang boy, you really are more stubbornly persistent than even I am." And right after thinking that acknowledgement of how it be, while the song was singing to me inside my head as I watched the sunrise, I felt my third eye open and an inrush full of light and love to accompany the song echoing inside me. 

Also. This means that I'm now chopping up the garlic for my breakfast while singing it and waiting for my French press of coffee to steep enough I can soon drink it. Hopefully this song cooks up something tasty given that everything I cook tastes like my mood while I was making it. 

Also also. I had a polar bear dream two nights ago, too. The sleep right after I got so tired I could hardly stay awake. I don't really remember all of it, except that it was cozy "all is right with the world" feeling permeating it. It was somewhere in the vision dream lands and we'd stopped wandering for a bit to sleep and we had a fire with banked coals in front of us and I was curled up between the forepaws of the bear with his head tucked over me and I fell asleep in the vision dream just feeling safe and loved and that this was finally the right path we were on. And then I woke up and watched yesterday's sunrise and only after it was done painting the skies did I go back to sleep. 

O, and i remember also in the dream, while snuggled there cozy and feeling of being at home where I belonged, before sleeping I remember asking, "How did we get here? The last I remember seeing you in vision dream was in the cave, with the sheet of glacial ice forming between us and then us cracking it by putting our hands either side of it in longing so strong that the ice between us cracked and then you bursting through it immediately when the ice shattered. How are we here and where is here?" 

And my polar bear replied, "Does it matter? Here is where we are now. Right here like this is good and I didn't know when this would happen next until we found ourselves here. And so the being here, together, that's what matters. Get some rest now, you're tired. I'll still be right here with you when you awaken."

I do remember that part before finally falling asleep in the vision dream all snuggled up feeling safe and loved in the polar bear's arms to wake up in the real world for the sunrise.

Okay. More garlic chopping and singing, less typing all these words up on the phone. Breakfast doesn't prep and cook itself after all, and until I develop telekinesis skills cooking requires the use of my hands, lol. 

P. S. I went on Facebook for a bit while waiting on potatoes to crisp up, and this was the first thing I saw when I started singing those same lines again: 


I doubled over howling with laughter at the ridiculous improbability and serendipity of that timing. I was laughing so hard I had to plop on the kitchen floor for a bit til I stopped laughing and could stand up go back to attending to my breakfast potatoes. 

Thank goodness it happened during the early stage of potato cooking and not while frying up the eggs or I would have been royally fucked out of my anticipated over easy eggs and likely ruined my breakfast with the smell of burning protein and wasting the last of the eggs in my fridge... (I do actually know better than to let me get distracted by cheap dopamine boost time wasters while cooking eggs. Eggs be finicky attention seeking drama queens and require your undivided attention while working with them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment