So Miss Mikaela is currently still taking an afternoon nap (she got up early for her in order to join us for 7am strawberry picking, small quantity due to leaving town on Weds, if berries last into next week we plan to do our big haul of picking next week) and so Crissy and I are doing some logistics for all the things we want to do in St. Louis. (the Rooster, London Tea Merchant, Mission Tacos, 4 Hands Brewery....) Serendipitously, Weds night there's also a free Shakespeare in the park performance of Much Ado About Nothing at 8pm, with food carts and beer as well. Very excited about that!!!!
Anyway. London Tea Merchant offers up afternoon tea or an afternoon tea to go, which got me very excited until I saw that it's only Thurs-Sun. *le sigh* I'm hoping we can still pickup or set aside some scones and clotted cream. (I adore British/Irish style REAL scones, especially with clotted cream and jam (strawberry or black currant) and the owner of London Tea Merchant is a British expat in the states for love. So the scones are phenomenal and it's one of the few places stateside that I know to get real authentic clotted cream.) And I am particularly keen to have scones and clotted cream and tea after we check in at our hotel because this time we're staying at The Cheshire which is entirely British themed. Sometimes you can find crazy deals on 4 star historic hotels in St. Louis that are cheaper than normal American hotels, even cheaper than the airport hotels betimes. That's how we randomly ended up staying in the historic train station that was renovated into a hotel when we drove to St. Louis to see Delta Rae at Loufest. ( The time we met the Avett Brothers and their girlfriends in the crowd while watching The Suffers together and we discovered you can fit an entire bottle of wine in the water bottles they were selling there and I mailed my dog a postcard at my work address to get to sample some more Cupcake wine for free (that postcard is still taped to the kennel at work) and some drunk guy was absolutely convinced I was Lorde and Crissy was my manager and even when I insisted I wasn't Lorde he said, "That's exactly what you would say if you were Lorde being incognito." and then when we parted ways he said, "Bye Lorde! Bye Lorde's manager!" and then later that night I was very wine drunk (which fills me with agape love for all humanity and life) so I called in to me all the ghosts from the entire park and helped them home to the white light in the middle of the park during the Billy Idol set and that part of the park still feels full of my energy and peace even all these years later. Like, I've visited it again and people will say they're drawn to the sense of peace there and as soon as you step inside the circle of energy I made, you can palpably FEEL the energy shift and serenity settle on you.... Look, I was wine drunk and full of music/dance endorphins and there were ghosts I could help - the rest was just splash over from me pulling through me as conduit too much energy while holding open the path back to the light to return to the cycle of incarnations. That's really not a situation you should leave me unsupervised without expecting me to do something like that. I mean, it definitely seemed like a great idea to me at the time. It was an incredibly crazy afternoon/evening after the Delta Rae set ended and they booked out of St. Louis to head to Nashville. Wine and music and ghosts and making new musician friends hanging out in the crowd.
Anyway. So. I was disappointed that London Tea Merchant doesn't have afternoon tea on Weds but had a moment realizing that maybe our British themed hotel might. So I tried to look it up and no it doesn't. But then this happened:
(Gah! Blogger is being stupid about uploading pictures, won't load the dialog box, so I'll just words it for now and add the screen cap later if I remember...)
So after finding out that there is complimentary coffee/tea at the hotel but no afternoon tea service, I decided to satisfy my curiosity about the auto complete on Google offering up "Cheshire Hotel St Louis haunted." Because ghosts always insist on saying hi to me everywhere I go and so I might as well discover something about my soon to be ghost friends. And you know what I discovered that the Cheshire Hotel's most famous ghost is?!?!
A GHOSTLY PIANO PLAYER!!!!
wait what now? Yep that's right. Multiple sites of famous ghosts in st. Louis confirmed it. We got ourselves a piano playing ghost in our hotel for a Weds night. 😂 When I asked Crissy if she had looked into the ghost situation at all, she told me no but figured it would have some and that would make me happy. She was as entertained as me when I told her.
Yep. That's right. Wednesday night we're staying in a hotel that is apparently famous for its piano playing ghost even without a piano on premises. 😂😂😂
And I find that bloody damn brilliant!!! And I had to share. Because that's the sort of thing that makes me wonder at who scripted my life with all its improbable synchronicities and I start looking for the hidden cameras.
[Post title: lyrics to the Billy Joel song Piano Man. Obviously. If you didn't recognize that.... Well... Then I may have to disown you.... I mean. I once quite seriously threatened to leave my birthday twin bff somewhere on the Illinois side of the Great River Road when I discovered she didn't own any Billy Joel music.... Pulled the car over to the side of the road to stare at her in complete shock and dismay. I only allowed her to stay in the car and started driving again when she promised to fix her transgression first thing when she got home and at least buy a copy of Piano Man. I take my life long love of Billy Joel songs quite seriously.]
No comments:
Post a Comment