I have so many mosquito bites from these last couple days after the rains.... and they are all of them in the most abominably devilish fucking places to itch like a mofo bad enough to wake me up from sleep because "omg the sheet just touched the one behind my knee!" Like, there's one right in the crook behind my left knee, one on my middle finger on my left hand just where the stone will rub it if my ring turns on my finger, one on the side of my right calf where my jeans keep brushing against it, another on the top of my right foot/ankle where the hem of my jeans hits today, one on my left foot right where the sandal strap rubs, one on my left wrist exactly where a sweater/cardigan rubs.... Every damn one of them in the most absolutely fiendishly impossible not to rub to start it itching places.... Driving me batty because it's keeping me from sleep... (O yeah sure I should probably be concerned about lyme and west nile and all the other mosquito borne diseases -- but honestly both yesterday and today it's the sheer fucking itchiness of existence that's getting to me....)
I'm a magnet for mosquitoes, pretty much all the time my entire life, but I only welt up if the bite gets rubbed or itched. The only time in my life that I wasn't a magnet for mosquito are the years that I make myself drink a cup of lemongrass tea EVERY day from like mid-April until frost. Lemongrass/citronella on my skin doesn't deter them but lemongrass taken daily so it's in my bloodstream DOES deter the mosquitoes from biting me. but if I miss more than like 2 days, they're back to feasting on me and it wakes a solid week and a half of consistently drinking lemongrass tea before they stop again. Now this isn't a huge problem since I LIKE lemongrass tea (especially if I make lemongrass, ginger, turmeric tea) and can drink it every day. Which is kinda sorta exactly what I did and I've been out of dried lemongrass for tea making and I have consumed every type of tea I own that HAS lemongrass in it by like mid May and I keep forgetting to order more lemongrass and my lemongrass plant is currently too small to harvest without damaging it and it's not a Spring harvest thing at Farmer's market here.....
And so, to conclude my tale of abominable welts and abject woe, I have been eaten alive by mosquitoes in recent days and I itch so abominably that just moving my leg in my sleep is enough to wake me up with the infernally inescapable itchiness as existence.
There are plenty of other things I could write about and say, like my emotional state/thoughts tonight or how much I enjoyed the play on Thursday night and why they did such a particularly great job with their staging of it or all the compliments my two teenage fur babies got at the vet (including Erin who has been seeing their vet for their entire life, since I adopted Audrey at 12 weeks old) or how excited I am to get to see Tara & Chris again at ROMP on Thursday and the story about how we met -- I most certainly have stories I could tell. But the thing is, my garnet and citrine ring just turned on my finger enough that the stone brushed against the mosquito bite on that left middle finger and so I find myself once more in a state of devilishly all consuming itchiness..... And since complaining didn't help with stopping/ignoring the itchiness on my hand, I'm going to go water some plants outside to take care of my thirsty flowers hopefully enough to do to distract me until my itchingness calms its shit (and probably get a mosquito bite on the arch of my foot or something stupid like that for my trouble -- because trust me, I have in the past and arch of your foot is another awful place to have mosquito bites and/or sunburns. At least my mosquito bites aren't layered on a bad sunburn right now.... those are the most miserable of all... )
P.S. 10:30pm addendum: I'm actually fine now, the welts from the mosquito bites that got brushed against are still visibly an issue, but they're not actively itching atm. It was just a lot earlier this evening right then. Like, when you're so itchy from a welt or bug bite (or something like chicken pox) that you quite literally can't think of any damn thing else because the itching dominated everything else experienced. And like, yeah, when my mosquito bites are still fresh enough that brushing them against anything causes them to itch and welt was bad enough to wake me up out of sleep the last two days/nights
No comments:
Post a Comment