For the record, about 20mins or so after that 2am post (maybe 15, I didn't look at the time) it was like a switch flipped and that restless sense of missed opportunity and increasing distance was replaced by this snuggly warmth and comfort and reassurance down the bond that it was alright and there was plenty of time and love to get things right but that now it was time to sleep. So I just curled into that feeling and sense of peace and third eye forehead kisses and slept soundly the rest of the night until sunrise. Then I got up to take the dog on our morning walk and now I'm sipping coffee waiting on the egg to cook enough to flip my omelette without breaking it (hopefully) and fill it. (I don't know how to pan flip eggs or pancakes and have mad respect for people who do. It's like a magic trick that skill. Someday I'd like to learn the trick, but for now I do the flat spatula flip lifestyle still.)
Thank you for that peace and love and middle of the night cuddles, whatever brought it on. Makes me wonder if all that overthinking restlessness was his not mine. It is true that when he's within like 300 or so miles of me, it's often hard for me to tell where my emotions end and his begin. They blur together at the edges. And they amplify each other when we're in close proximity, like an infinite hall of mirrors when 2 mirrors are facing each other just right. That's a just him thing, for both of those.
Perhaps that's what it was last night and the reason I couldn't shake it was I was treating it like my own emotions not responding to his.... Although, I can't fathom why he would have felt that way... and I don't know that he was close enough physically to me for it to be that.... But then, I guess I don't actually know where he is atm. Not following him or anyone in the band that he might be traveling with on socials anymore.
That said, I'm not complaining. I'll take feeling surrounded by his love and comfort any and every day that it's offered. It's even more "all is right with the world" cozy feeling than curled up by a fire watching the snow fall. Honestly, feeling the strength and warmth of his love along the bond is my favorite thing in the entire world.
Eggs are ready to flip. And nobody likes overcooked eggs. More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment