So this morning, while making breakfast, I had some potato slices that crisped up faster than the rest or the potatoes so I decided to munch on them while cooking up other veggies. Fine normal, yeah. Okay, but I was stupidly impatient hungry and didn't want to wait for them to cool on the damn plate. So then one of them, I thought I'd blown on enough to cool but I hadn't and it dripped hot olive oil on my lower lip.... And like, it's super painful (not as painful as 2 hours ago when I did it, but still hurts) and it visibly blistered. And, I've never given myself a burn blister on my lip before... Never. Bad sunburn blister on my lips when I've gotten severe lobster sunburns yes - but then every inch of my skin that I lobster blister burned is screaming pain and even Egyptian cotton sheets touching me is torture....so the lip blister sunburns were the least of my pain and not memorable compared to the rawness of that bad a sunburn. . I've never in my life gotten a heat burn blister on my lips until now...
And it was fucking stupid and it hurts like hell and looks ridiculous (my entire lower lip is swollen and extra intensely pink from it but there's an area that is visibly a blister) and like what the eff am I supposed to even do for wound care of a lip blister?! You can't exactly puncture it with a sterilized needle then bandage it so you can keep dancing on it like you do with a foot blister.... How do I keep a blister on my fucking lip from popping or if/when it does burst not getting it infected?! I guess all I can think to do is drink lots of alcohol as an antiseptic and obsessively apply protective beeswax lip balms?!
Ufgh! Gods I feel stupid (and look stupid too) - fucking boiling oil blister on my fucking lower lip.... I'm way too old to be doing something THAT stupid.... Lord....
It's a good thing I'm single and have nobody I plan to kiss the next several days while waiting on this blister to heal...how long does a blister on the lower lip even take to heal anyway?! Even just sipping from a cup is not currently an enjoyable experience. #PleaseDontKissItToMakeItBetter #PoppedBlisterOozeKissesDoesNotSoundSexyToMe #BitingMyLowerLipIsAnEvenWorseIdeaRightNow #HowToNotMindBeingSingle101 #DripBoilingOliveOilOnYourLip #LetTheBlistersDoTheRest
I mean. That said... If you don't mind some burst blister ooze in the kiss, then the right guy could probably convince me to kiss him despite the blister pain. If blister kisses with him were better than missing out on his kisses. But I feel like there's a very limited number of men I'd feel that way about and the chances of that sort of opportunity occurring prior to this blister healing are low. I won't say impossible, but low enough chances to be improbable....
I rate this whole experience since doing it 1/10 - would not do again.... (except the crisping up potato slices in hot olive oil and herbes de provence. That part was delicious and will absolutely do again and again and again. Just maybe I'll go back to my classic way of breakfast potatoes, without the trying to eat one before it cools so burning my lower lip til it blisters part....)
Also though... As long as I don't touch it, that part of my lip with the blister on it feels weirdly like post-cavity novacaine numbness recovering feeling lip.... Made my phone calls weird to order my contacts and to schedule my overdue oil change/tire rotation before I head to Michigan (May 13-17; it's when my immuno-compromised friend Erin will be at most robust immune response 2 weeks after her 2nd vax dose - but also I wanna see the polar cubs at Detroit Zoo while they're still bitty babies!!! I mean, I miss Erin and her sister Debbie and their dog Abby and their cat Princess Mia - but I'd be lying if I said the polar bear cubs weren't part of my desire to go asap. Hopefully MI cases will be more under control by then, mais on verra.) Anyway, while on the phone I kept expecting to have speaking difficulties à la post fillings tingly numbness - but it's just a blister swollen without the muscle numbness so speaking wasn't an issue at all, it's just the most comparable sensation to the damn blister I stupidly gave myself this morning. Only painful, really fucking painful....
No comments:
Post a Comment