Friday, March 26, 2021

 So.  I had a thought after a phone conversation with my best friend (who incidentally told me she's never seen me in another pair of glasses in all the years she's known me.  And I joked that I should have waited a bit longer as this pair is almost old enough to vote and go to war.)  Anyway,  it was because she thanked me for giving her warning so she could process the emotions of an organization she volunteers with (and has for longer than she's known me) disappearing.  She also said that in a work zoom meeting somebody brought up the stupid trope,  "who'd have predicted a year and a half ago life would be like this" and she had to bite back a snide comment of,  "well I knew,  but my best friend is a precog and warned me." She also told me that it was unique,  and in many ways easier, to have processed the emotions beforehand though disconcerting to be on my side of that divide.  

And it made me realize.... Because I process everything out of sync with the actual events - I process them the instant the choice is made that decides between fatelines - that I should apply knowing this about me to what shifted these last few days. That right now,  I'm reacting to the ripple backwards where it meets me from the consequences of a choice and NOT the moment of consequences itself.  

So I shouldn't EXPECT to be seeing any evidence or signs that anything was changed or healed or fixed because it hasn't happened yet.  What happened was that the choice was made that results in that change/healing/fixing - and it's the ripples from that choice being made that I heard in my dream space and that unsealed the door. I'm processing my emotions out of sync with events and experiencing the waves of the precog before anything happens.  I'm hearing the echoes of the action before it occurs that ripple from the choice that leads to the action.  He may not even know yet he's made that choice which unseals the door,  it may not be conscious choosing yet.  But it's strong and sure enough to ripple back reach me to process before it happens.  

Which actually makes a lot of sense. 

And it means I should be wary in trusting this whole-heartedly. For there is a long distance sometimes between choice an action,  many places he may falter or chicken out or change his mind.  And I shouldn't be building my hopes up too high on choices and precogs without anything substantial to cling onto.  That's just asking to have my heart bruised, if not broken,  by reality as it unfolds..... 

It also means, I should expect the bond to continuously grow stronger,  more overwhelming, until we reach the event itself whose ripples are just lapping against my precog these recent days.  

I'm surprised the Morrigan would unseal the door without the geas being fully met though....  But maybe it is,  maybe inside himself he made the choice and changes that meet the geas to unseal and open the door - and he's just not manifested those choices/determination into real world action yet.  Which is why I'm so baffled at the distance between my inner knowing and the cold hard truths of reality. 

*yawns* I'm sleeeeeepy now.  Early bedtime methinks. Bonne nuit.  May you dream beautiful and true dreams tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment