It's completely normal with me to have me reacting to things that haven't happened yet (whether it's trying to find ways to avert a bad fate down another path or trying to come to terms early with things that need to be accepted because they are beyond one's means to alter.) It's also normal with me to have me off-handedly make remarks or warnings, especially around level setting expectations. These aren't normal with most people, though as a kid I thought everyone experienced time as I do and could know things before they happened, but it's normal for dealing with me.
I also don't always tell people what's coming unless directly asked because quite often my assessment is that them knowing early wouldn't help them deal with it - though sometimes I slip up and mention something I thought already happened which hasn't yet happened. I do not, and will not, give information that would be used for investment or money making or political gain at the expense of helping people and I won't use anything I foresee for my own monetary gain. The most selfish things I do with the gift are to avert deaths, injuries, accidents, or breaking things.
Also I definitely use it to make meal decisions and to decide what to wear and to pack a suitcase for travel - being a Libra sun Pisces rising means I can be really fucking indecisive, especially about decisions that are relatively unimportant but still must be made. Unless I know exactly what I desire and that nothing else substituted will do, decision making is an excruciating process of weighing all pros and cons to assess the balance of what is the best choice for me and everyone affected by my choice... Picking a paint color is hard, peeking ahead to see what colors the walls are around my future self is easy. Picking an outfit beyond weather constraints is hard but peeking ahead to see what I'm wearing later in the day when I do something brings me joy is easy. Often with furniture or art or flowers for the garden, I see it ahead of time placed in my space but have no idea when or where I'll find it...
Even people to whom I've never outed my precog gift or who are complete anti-spiritualist atheists have commented about my ability to know things before they happen (probably from offhanded comments I don't realize I said.) You get used to it or you decide I'm creepy af and choose not to keep me around. There are other gifts I have that are more showy, and some that can be really fucking annoying, but the precogs and vision dreams are always useful.
It's also why I absolutely adore happy surprises and try not to peek ahead intentionally, just accept what flashes and ripples I can't help seeing. Because for a precog, anything that is a happy surprise in the moment unfolding is just such an extra high!! There's still joy in the unfolding of moments when good things you saw were waiting on finally happen. But there's an intensity in being surprised with good things as they're happening that you didn't know about which just delights me so much!
But yeah, I can sometimes be a bit vague about whether I'm reacting to something past, present, or future. I'm not always clear and certain about temporality.... I know that I only see possibilities until a choice is made that makes those glimpses manifest or destroys them, but I'm not always clear about if that choice has already happened, is happening in the moment, or is going to happen in a near enough future that the ripples reach me....
I'm also pretty awful at passage of time generally, I live in a very constant state of flow this life. It takes a lot of energy and focus for me to bring myself into a linear conception of time and to count the moments as they pass.... I experience time as a rotating sphere you see, not linear sequence of nows. The present is like the line of sunlight as a planet rotates and most people only experience the illuminated daylight half of the sphere of time, seeing the past but the future dark to them... But I experience all of it at once and can do fun things by skating along any part of the surface of the sphere rather than waiting in a fixed spot on the edge where the dark turns to light.... That's the best I can explain how I experience time this life and why I'm in an almost perpetual state of flow and energy exchange with the Universe. I've not been like this in all my past lives (though I've always been able to precog deaths, especially my own potential deaths) nor will I be in all my future lives.... But in this one, I perceive and warp time in very curious and unusual ways that make it so I'm often imprecise about the flow of moments and vague as to where now is relative to things I know and am experiencing.
You get used to it. Or you don't and then we just avoid interacting, lol.
P.S. Also worth knowing about me: during Jewish high holy days and for a few days before/after, my precogs tend to be intense and uncontrollable and farther reaching into the future. So Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Pesach, and Channukah. Also around equinoxes, solstices, and both hallows (end of October/early November and end of April/early May.) It's just something to know about me.... That at those times the veil is EXTRA thin with me confusing when I am and I fairly perpetually glimpse both major and minor things that haven't yet happened.
Given that the equinox was last Saturday AND Pesach started at sundown tonight AND the Libra full moon is tomorrow morning, this last week has been super intensely packed with precogs and future flashes and vision dreams and this coming week should be just as intensely confusing for me and full of randomly experiencing future moments both short term and long.
P. P. S. Yeah, I know about the devastation in Alabama... And yes, it's because of the mix of nudging the system south enough not to have snow or ice here on Friday for my grandma's appointment and the way that the warmer Gulf couple with weaker jet stream makes ALL weather systems south of Mason-Dixon line more volatile than they used to be.... Without me shifting things, those tornadoes were going to land across Tennessee including another in Nashville. The flooding in both states (and the deaths related to flooding) was to happen no matter what I did... Wait, they did both flood already, yes? By pushing things a little further south, I saved the tornado related destruction from being in Tennessee but I couldn't stop it from landing somewhere... I did my best by cheating with precogs to have it land where it would kill the least number of humans and cause the least misery... But you do need to understand that with a weaker jet stream and warmer gulf, northern Mississippi/Alabama/Georgia and all of Tennessee are the new tornado alley the way the midwest used to be. And that can't be shifted unless ocean temperatures come down so the gulf isn't so hot raising moisture that heads straight up the Mississippi River and spawning low pressure zones that sit over the south like this.... I can keep the moisture headed further north where it wants to go anyway, though it means drought eventual desertification across the south - but there's only so much I can do about the low pressure zone created by the warmer gulf....I can't cool the oceans, that's a man-made society problem for man-made mass societal solutions to solve. Natural gifts that deal with energy flowing and trying to help the Earth survive this nexus in human history can't fix the warming oceans... Humans fucked it up, karma requires humans fix it or perish before they destroy all life on this planet. I'm just trying to mitigate consequences and keep green sustaining life as much as I can of this continent while waiting to find out if humanity manages this 11th hour hail mary to fix what humanity broke.... So I never could have stopped the destructiveness of those tornadoes landing somewhere, but I am complicit in where precisely they landed...
No comments:
Post a Comment