Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Apparently,  when trying to find the place to turn this back to the old ui (I LOATHE with an intense fiery burning passion the new ui - when the old one is completely discontinued,  I'm shutting this blog down and walking) I accidentally set the whole thing to private a week or so ago....   Whoops!! That was my mistake while frustrated and angry (and nothing tech works around me when I get angry or frustrated....)

Fixed that now! Sorry again - not that you really missed much here,  lol

Okay,  off to go read Les Mille et Une Nuits in French and hang out with the munchkin today! I adore the legend of Scherezade and her 1,001 Nights.... I have always been inspired by the idea of being completely powerless in a society that disempowers you but still you seize it anyway by your ability to tell a story so well your words (and seduction skills) can earn you the reprieve of one more day and one more night's stay of execution - for 2.5 years!  I've always found that powerful testament to the deep magicks that happen when a woman speaks her truths rather than repressing it and nearly bringing everything to tragic ruin due to her enforced silence. It has always resonated with me as a truth about the importance of speaking out even if you've been told not to,  especially in the face of injustice and power imbalance.  (this is one of my forever favourite fairytale tropes.)

And then David has his livestream on the band Patreon at 7:30pm. As mentioned in yesterday's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment