Saturday, December 14, 2019

I could go back to following Eric.  There's really nothing stopping me. It's literally one tap on the screen for me to choose to let him reach me that way.  I know he's hurting and upset,  I hear it inside me every damn moment he's upset over it - and that's all the time he's not distracted.  Wanting to heal him hurting is always going to outweigh me being upset with him.  That doesn't apply to anyone else involved in this,  but it does to him.  I could forgive what he did so he'd stop hurting,  same as I chose to do in Chicago,  because I was at a point I couldn't stand his hurting any longer.  I could do that.

But what would be the point without anything done to fix the ethics issue of principle that broke it?  It's just going to break again down that same flaw if that's not fixed.

And that isn't fixed.  If anything, they've just been making it worse by once again only posting things exclusively to the band's instagram where fans are still blocked for having been honest they didn't like the country music. And yet the band is posting pictures there to that instagram account not on any other social media platform.

Nothing has changed.  The system of ostracism remains in place and it makes anyone who posts to the band instagram account or shares things posted there complicit in bullying those she has ostracized.

And what's the point of me letting Eric in again without anything fixed or healed? How many times do I let us break the same way before I decide no more?  I'm just going to have my buttons pushed the next time it happens over the injustice and the hypocrisy it makes of everything the band ever claimed to stand for regarding equality and treating people with basic respect.  And then Eric winds up hurting just the same when I get upset again over Brittany playing bullying headgames again with the band account and for myself,  as well as being disappointed in the band and whoever posted there once more, I'll be even more angry at myself for letting me be fooled into thinking they might be who/what they have spent a decade claiming to be rather than what their actions of the last year have shown them to be.

So what good would it do for me to respond in any way other than leaving at this point over Brittany's fuckup that she has defensively refused to let anyone acknowledge or even attempt to heal?

If it can't be good between Eric and me  because of the toxicity of Britt's defensiveness and ego, then I'd rather he and I both are hurt over me removing myself from his life options than this game of toxic rollercoaster of emotions whenever Brittany gets defensive needs to make her brother prove to her that he loves her.  The only way you end manipulative head games is refusing to play them.  And that's the point I'm at.  There is no "one more chance" for Eric without the confrontation of fixing what she broke and stopping the ego-driven bullying behaviors that the band account has been mixed up in for over a year now.  I'm done playing her manipulative defensive head games. and honestly, I'm angry at her for intentionally using her brother as a pawn in her games knowing how deeply that's going to hurt him every time she asks it of him.

You can't measure love by how much someone is willing to sacrifice or hurt themself for you or what other thing they love they give up for you  - that's cruelty and power games but not love. And it's wrong of her to demand that of him to prove he loves her..... And I'm done with me being something she can use to hurt him or ask him to prove he loves her by choosing her over me.  That's not a game I'm willing to play with his heart and since Britt is willing to play with his heart that way over and over and over,  I'm removing myself from Eric's options so she can't use me in her manipulative games with him. I am outside her power to control and always will be.  And if Eric's going to be hurt regardless, I'd rather it be by my decision to leave than by me playing any part in her constant manipulation and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment