1) I should never be allowed to cook when angry. 😂 Especially if it requires a heat source - be it oven, stove, or fire. 😂
Yesterday morning's cheesy potato hash and eggs was THE WORST cheesy potato hash and eggs I've EVER eaten. THE WORST!! Even though I did everything right at every step AND cheesy potatoes hash with over easy egg is something I cook a LOT.... along with breakfast quesadillas, omelets, scrambles, quiches, crêpes, and French toast it's one of my most frequently cooked go to breakfasts. (While cooking, I was venting at Alana, gesticulating with a carving knife during prep about 3 of the 4 family drama plots and one longterm issue in Crew that we had time to discuss before she had to leave for work in Milwaukee.) That cheest hash and eggs was so bad I'm still disappointed in myself over just how impossibly uneven and bad it turned out.
Andd the worst is, I know better! 😂 When my temper burns hot, don't let me NEAR anything electrical or heat source related or glass. Not til my temper cools down....
And that includes cooking as well as electronics, lol.
I have a few magic gifts with cooking - mostly that I use no recipes and cook my mood and always wind up with 2-3 times as much food as I should for what I used. I could feed armies on how it multiplies when I'm in a good mood. 😂 MOSTLY what you get from me is a lot of singing and dancing in the kitchen that produces an unintentionally French-Mediterranean-Middle Easteen fusion (unless intentionally making something Mexican or Asian) unexpectedly balanced layers of flavors from simple ingredients and herbs/spices to smel lthat hit all the senses like a symphony and often a bit spicy.
But when I'm in a foul mood, NOTHING behaves or cooks right. Even water boiling for coffee can go awry... and honest I should just be removed from the kitchen taken to a restaurant or carryout brought in til my stormy mood passes. For everyone's sake.
2) I should be allowed to mix liquor potions in a foul mood though - I concoct the most DELICIOUS teas (if someone else boils the water) and/or cocktails from whatever is on hand when surrounded by stress/volatility. Last night I was asked to make something with the black cherry soda for mixer invented a black forest cherry cordial drink that was divinely good and everyone came back for seconds. Basically 1oz crême de cacao, then 1oz Kahlua, then 4oz black cherry soda. Doesn't require shaking or stirring, carbonation will do that for you, just pouring. And you get 3 cocktails out of every bottle/can of soda, lol. We will definitely be doing lots of these!
So no cooking foods for this elf-witch when she's angry if you want anything edible, but give me free rein on the libation potions. 😂
3) I'm gonna shower and coffee and eat Love Crunch granola (chocolate & red berries) for breakfast before heading to grandma's at 9:30 for her 10:15 pt appointment. May be there most of the day til my 2:30 dental cleanimg. (I always schedule my dentist appointments at 2:30 because da used to tell this TERRIBLE dad joke everytime the dentist came up when I was a kid. ("What's the best time to go to the dentist?" "At tooth-hurty.") And anytime I schedule it another time I show up at 2:30 anyway.... So now I tell them it doesn't matter what day of the week 6 months from now, just make sure it's at 2:30. 😂 My dental hygienist thinks it the funniest quirk but she loves it.)
Okay. Getting up out of the chair to go do the things before there isn't time to shower and for my hair dry.... I'd rather sleep for 40 hours or so, but that's not in the cards today. So. Getting up out of the chair to go do the morning things... Ready? Go!
No comments:
Post a Comment