Friday, November 22, 2019

Also. Completely unrelated to anything whatsoever in my recent posts...  I really really love the look of these floating shelves!!


I mean REALLY love them!!!  😍

As in,  they belong in my kitchen as shelves for tea or cookbooks or spices pr all of the above! And as shelving in bathrooms. And anywhere that floating shelves rather than bookcases and artwork belong. But definitely in the kitchen!!!

They also look remarkably easy once you see how they fit together.  Well,  easy except thet gorgeous precision joinery.  (I have a thing for pretty woodgrains/raw edges and precision joinery. Like,  really bad.  More than finishes or specific shapes/styles (so long as it has an internal balance) what really gets me in woodwork is woodgrains and raw edges and joinery and the precision craftsmanship put into it.  That said,  not being a woodworker,  my tastes are habitually outside my budget...)

But c'mon.  Isn't this floating shelf design just gorgeous in its simplicity of zen balance and Escher-esque mildly surrealist with the shapes it makes?! And other than the joinery on the partial cubes,  they're really not too tricky.  As long as you don't fuck up your cuts or measurements like an amateur.  😉 (okay but I am an amateur so my teasing is just that.  And anyway,  I'd take a thousand times fucking up just to have what I want.)

No comments:

Post a Comment