Saturday was indie bookstore day and we visited nine books and I bought books in the multiple at each store and spent way too much money. And also, I'm not even the least but sorry won't pretend I am.... At this point, I have no children and I live by myself with my fur babies -- I only affect myself by buying so many books going over budget I can't afford anything but basic variations on rice and beans with veggies for a while.
Luckily, I have very little in my calendar between now and World Cup starting in mid-June (and none of those after Mother's Day except taking grandma to her optometry appointment) other than having to stay in town to pet sit while other people are out of town so I can hermit and be good and read to my heart's content around getting in work hours (including garden and platers setup work) and making sure to spend time with Crissy's cat Henry and then later dog sitting with Sophie while my parents are out of town.
Also. If you don't have plans for a dedicated library for me, you don't have intentions to have me in your life -- the books stay or I won't. Non-negotiable.
Ack! There goes the dryer. Time to see if the blanket is actually dry on my "i am overdue to strip the bed and wash all the bedding" Monday and then move along the next part of the bedding from the wash. Griffin has decided he actually loves the days I wash the bedding because it guarantees him I will be home all day AND he can snuggle into each layer after I put it on while it's clean and cozy and warm.
P. S. Ok, but also... I really REALLY did overdo it this year and spend way too much money on books especially given the perils of the *gestures broadly at everything in the world right now*
No comments:
Post a Comment