On the scale from 1 to "I was working as election official from 5:45a til 10:45p on the clockand after 17 hours straight poll working and being asked once more to consider becoming chief inspector I'm really fucking exhausted want to crawl into bed but also so fucking hungry because haven't eaten a proper meal since 4:30am and didn't even get to eat my second peanut butter sandwich or carrot cake cupcake but thankfully my mum loves me thought of me and had a chicken burrito from Laredo's ordered at her lunch for me to reheat to eat either when I got there or to take home so I have food for when I get home if I don't just collapse...."
I'm so fucking exhausted and hungry right now..... But we found the error we were chasing that kept us there will 10:45 instead of being done by 9:30 as hoped.
Also though, if I didn't know if wake up in just a few hours even more ravenous, I'm so tempted to just drive home collapse into bed after picking my dog up and chatting for a bit with my mama.... Lord I'm tired.......been awake and out of bed since 3am and actively poll working meticulous bookkeeping and putting on the smile humaning allllllll day for 17 fucking hours straight. Blarg.
That's it.
I've nothing else more cogent or deep or important to say. Not til I'm on the other side of eating some real food and then sleeping for...as long as the animals hold me hostage, lol.
So exhausted. So hungry. 17. Hours. Straight. And not even my longest election official shift..... Can I just curl up and sleeps yet? But no, food first.
Actually. No. Change of plans. My body wants to be done in the vertical more than it wants food... Like it desperately wonders "why are we still in the vertical tho?!" So food in the fridge, pyjamas, contacts out, collapse into bed..and I will eat whenever I wake up too ravenous to rest and sleep any longer, lol.
P. S. Also, only slept like 3-4 hours, punctuated by Griffin jumping up on me for snuggles then leaving for middle of the night cat chaos antics before my 3am "you still need to pack food and drinks and get ready and eat something and drink coffee before you can go drop the dog off and be at the polling place by 6am" wake up alarm.
Ufgh. Horizontal. Horizontal life and sleeeeeeeeeps it is. Then good whenever the vertical next seems like a good idea, lol
No comments:
Post a Comment