You know what I've discovered since last I wrote here? I get to see David on Wednesday!! David as in David Howley (formerly of WB3) who after much introspection and no longer being with his ex (who I genuinely thought was an everything but the ring situation after they moved in together and adopted a puppy and wove their songwriting together as well as their lives across these last several years) and has been back stateside writing songs. I mean, I had seen he had some shows coming up east of here and was opening for the Drowsy Lads 20th anniversary show (which there was no way we could make with everything else going on in my life and in Crissy's life -- especially with her dad's health issues.) Anyway, it was announced over this last week or so that he'll be opening three of the East Pointers shows (Ann Arbor, Evanston, and Milwaukee) which will be my first time seeing east Pointers since Koady passed so suddenly and tragically and also my first time seeing Dave since last Spring when he saw me while I was still very emo in the hollows mourning Audrey's death and my own sense of guilt over what I could have done better by her in her nearly 15 years of life and all but her first 12 weeks of it living with me as my dog bonded to me.) That was very exciting when I heard Dave would be opening for East Pointers and was a very very happy surprise for me!!! And I do love me a good happy surprise! I had no idea I'd be seeing him again so soon!! But I haven't stopped grinning over that realization since they both announced it right before releasing his new single (his take on an Orpheus & Eurydice song that I really loved when I heard it last year while he was still in the writing of it.) He actually announced it the day after I picked up tickets for Crissy and me for the Milwaukee show.
Crissy and I were planning to do the Tues night Evanston show and I had actually said that as long as we could make it work, we would try to get down there early to give Amy a ride since she is still in recovery post hip surgery and can't drive herself there (she's still in the "not supposed to bend past 90 degrees stage of healing.) But then with Crissy's dad's health, she can't take the whole afternoon off for us to get down there and I've had so much piling on me with life stuff to get done and poll working related things and other plans that I didn't ticket purchase level commit to Tuesday even just me aside from Crissy's uncertainties due to her dad's health and driving up north to get him to appointments and such. Luckily, Amy was able to score a single seat at a table right up front and can uber there and back. Especially since the woman who has been assigned to help my grandma for years from Bright Star is getting married this week so they cancelled a lot of her bright Star days to help grandma tidy up and get ready Tues-Thurs and the only one they kept they assigned a brand new girl my grandma never met (and my grandma finds new people sus takes a while to trust them doesn't always let them in to help without other people around for introductions...) So now I'm going to be spending my mornings Tuesday through Thursday over at grandma's helping her get ready and tidy up and do things over at her place and get her to lunch. (Won't affect me going to Milwaukee late afternoon/early evening on Weds but would mean I couldn't leave Madison early enough to get to downtown Chicago where Amy lives to pick her up and get us both to Evanston in time AND get Amy home and then back up to Madison to then be bright eyed chipper helping my gran out the next two mornings again...) It also means I don't know when I'm going to get my (still unscheduled) oil change/tire rotation/alignment check done. Not Monday since the dog has her vet visit at 10:30am and I have optometry at 2pm. Maybe Tuesday afternoon but I may instead prioritize getting my early voting in person at the library done first day it's available so I don't have to worry about it (since I'm poll working 6am til close on actual election day) and then if there's time maybe driving over to Tires Plus see if they can get me in that afternoon/evening still or schedule for Thurs afternoon between the Milwaukee night and the Spring Green night.... On verra.
But anyway, while if everything had gone to the original plan I was supposed to get the happy surprise of seeing Dave twice this week, I'll definitely take one night of happy surprise seeing him again and just be grateful joyous for that random unexpected gift this week!!!! Like I said, I haven't stopped grinning every time I remember that happy surprise for this week since he (and East Pointers) announced it late last week!!!
I do love me a happy surprise so very much! And getting to see Dave so unexpectedly soon and to see he's in such a better place than he was makes me a very bright happy shiny Dani delighted with the happy surprise in my so very near future! AND then he went live today randomly and while I missed it in real time (because symphony went extra long and then Packers game) he left it up on his insta so I got to watch it like 6 hours later! Which meant I still saw it!
I should probably head home from work soon, especially with the dog having her vet appointment in the morning. Not super early in the morning, but also I would like to get up and have some coffee and at least eat an apple or two and bring my coffee with me before walking over to the vet....
(We are NOT going to talk about how much of my recent diet has been black coffee, orchard apples, and peanut butter-- especially in the form of a giant bag of assorted Reese's candies from target last week. I mean, seriously, sooooo much of my diet over the last week or so has been black coffee and apples and peanut butter either by the spoonful or in chocolate candy form around the peanut butter.)
No comments:
Post a Comment