Welp. Whatever the potential fatelines could have been the next couple weeks, it's been decided by the Joncierge service (as my sister refers to my brother-in-law making things happen once she verbalizes what she wants) this evening. (Weirdly my mum kept thinking there was a reason I needed to be here sooner but the only actual thing I could come up with was the Billy Joel show in Chicago on the 21 and I never found anyone wanted to spend the money to go with me so didn't have tickets or plans for it.) Technically, what I told them was:
So they went ahead and used their accrued miles and are flying me out there asap. Quite literally asap because they wanted earlier and I told them I had a concert on Sat night (Robert Plant & Alison Krauss) so the 9th was the soonest I could do. Soooo I guess I am heading to Seattle on Sunday (on American Airlines with an afternoon layover in O'Hare) and won't be getting back til the 24. (Technically, I'll be in the Seattle airport entertaining my own self for a while on the night of the 23, whenever my family drops me off, until a red-eye 12:25am departure on Delta from SeaTac to Minneapolis and then not even an hour and a half layover before the 7:15am Delta flight to Madison on the 24th.)
My sister is very determined and as I said, they do well in their jobs. Mo bear has already requested if I can sleep in her bedroom this visit because she has the bunkbeds (part of the renno is Miche and Jon have a separate bedroom suite up on the new floor, Jack gets the old master bedroom, Monroe keeps the bedroom she and Jack used to share, and Elliot keeps her room next to Mo's which was Mo's before it was Ellie's.) My response was to ask if she wanted me the whole visit or just sleepovers on the weekends (because kiddo bedtime is earlier than adults bedtime) and that I didn't think the top bunk was rated for adult weights. So she told me she would sleep in the top bunk and I could sleep in the bottom bunk and that she wants sleepover with Aunt Dani every night for the two weeks. (Not sure how well this plan will work for the entire visit given later bedtime for adults and wanting a well rested five (almost six) year old for my visit, mais on verra.) I wonder how much of it is she misses me and how much that she's an age to start loving the idea of sleepovers and how much of it is whatever room I sleep in will be the best gridded and protected space in the entire house following my visit.... Given she's aware of what I do and what she calls the stars I put up everywhere she can see with her gifts AND her having had lots of night terrors all through her short life so far, it wouldn't surprise me if she's excited to think she could have the extra protections of me present AND after I leave for any unincarnated spirits or attachments trying to get her in the night.
Guess I have a lot to do and little time to do it in then since I have plans for the afternoon and night of Saturday and I fly out midday on Sunday now and won't be getting back home to the midwest til early the 24. The main things I have to do are some garden work and also cat food is getting low for Spock so I should get him a new bag as well as picking up some soft food (kidney health friendly) in case he doesn't want to eat much kibble and then both Crissy and Mikaela can give him some soft food while they're there if they want to be sure he eats it instead of letting it sit out. I also need to make some more of my histamine relief tea for Crissy before I go because she's still in high allergy season and might run out before I get back if I don't make more. And of course packing for the trip -- I don't even have the weather in my phone yet for Washington, lol. This is not the shortest notice of me buying tickets for a flight -- that would be the time I found an amazing deal to London that left out of Chicago 26 hours after I bought the tickets and so I went all by myself to a country I'd never been to to stay with a family friend and his wife that I hadn't seen in over a decade and had an absolutely fabulous time. So last minute "yeah sure, I'll go!!" flights for travel plans aren't surprising for me (Mars in Sagittarius after all) but in recent years it's been money that's stopped that aspect of me from being so obvious, lol.
I did tell Mikaela she is welcome to come spend daytimes with Spock those weeks and I asked my mum that if either Crissy or Mikaela got concerned enough about Spock, if she would take him with them to the vet to see Erin. I don't think that will be necessary but she said she would and I don't feel awkward asking my mum to do it and pay at the visit whatever is needed whereas Crissy would do it but I'd feel a little weird asking.
So anyway, guess I'm headed out to Seattle area now for June 9-23 (though technically the flights back are all on the 24, but I'll be wandering around at SeaTac starting the night of the 23 whenever the Delta counter will let me check my bag, lol.)
I'm JUST barely missing Coronas show (June 2) and Frank Turner with Bridge City Sinners (literally tonight, as in Friday, June 7) but also it means I don't have to be trying to figure out uber/lyft or renting a car to get from Kirkland into downtown Seattle if I don't have anyone wanting to go to the show(s) with me or worry about getting home super late/early waking up the whole household.

No comments:
Post a Comment