Wednesday, June 26, 2024

I took my love, I took it down. Climbed a mountain and I turned around. And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills, 'Til the landslide brought me down. Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love? Can the child within my heart rise above? Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides? Can I handle the seasons of my life? Mmm. Well, I've been afraid of changing, 'Cause I've built my life around you. But time makes you bolder, Even children get older. And I'm getting older, too.

 There was the most incredible and surreal and gorgeous sunrise I've ever seen in my life this morning as I left work and headed home!!! (I've been working through the wee hours til sunrise the last couple nights as I'm trying to cram all my hours in before everything gets crazy busy end of the week. This week has plans every night Thurs thru Sunday, but once July starts, it slows down to only 1 or 2 things per week and nothing at all next week til the 5th for APT tickets for Much Ado About Nothing. Including the paid holiday in there on the 4th so I only have to get 32 hours in across the other days and no reason to come in on the 4th except to water the plants if they seem like they will need it.) 

Anyway. The sunrise was gorgeous!!! The entire sky and the very air was this incredible electric neon red-pink with orangey-gold along the northeastern horizon. And it just kept getting more intensely watermelon, the humid air like the golden hour viscous but in intense red-pink like grenadine. And then suddenly there was this huge double rainbow nearly vertical splashed across the western part of the neon watermelon skies. And moment by moment the sun inched higher burnishing brighter and brighter and the skies got more intensely scarlet until you could just start to see the edge of the sun over the horizon and then BAM! It was like a light went out and all the red-pink fairyland cotton candy watermelon coloring disappeared without warning as the sun disappeared behind thick clouds and it was suddenly a deeply greyed morning behind low clouds and just a little later the skies started spitting an unexpected not in the forecast light drizzle. 

It was beautiful and surreal and fey and I've never seen a sky that magical a color let alone a rainbow blazing across watermelon cotton candy colored skies.... And then it just disappeared in an eye blink like it never was and back into the regular quotidian gray skies.... 

AND. DURING ALL THESE MAGIC CANDY SKIES, LANDSLIDE WAS PLAYING ON THE RADIO FOR A CAR KARAOKE SINGALONG SOUNDTRACK!!!  The song started as I shifted the car into drive started moving forward into the thick incarnadine air and the rainbow suddenly appeared in the impossible colored skies right as the instrumental interlude bridge ended and it started in, "take my love, take it down, o climb a mountain and turn around" and it was right as Landslide ended and the intro to Beyonce's Halo started that the skies winked out from surreal magical fairyland into the everyday greys (and it was right at the opening lyrics, "Remember those walls I built? Well, baby, they're tumbling down, And they didn't even put up a fight, They didn't even make a sound" that the raindrops started and fell right in tempo to the piano part of Halo. Which was also memorable in a very different way woven through this sunrise this morning.

Anyway. I know I've not been writing much here, but other than my wonder at the beauty of this morning's sky painting I don't really have anything to say here now any more than I've had these recent days. In aure it will change and there will be words inside me needing form that I will share here again in the not too distant future -- but not right now. Right now if you want my words, you need to come spend time with me in person. 

So since I already described my strawberry jam sunrise and I've nothing else inside me to say here right now, I'm going to head to bed now get some sleep with my window open listening to the rain drops and bird song in the unexpected rain pattering down right now.  I'm taking my grandma to an appointment in the afternoon and I need to sleep some now so I  can be bright eyed bushy tailed chipper chirpy happy sunshine smiling me and won't be an overtired grouchy or worse version of myself when I head over to her place around 2 or 2:30ish. (3pm appointment.) And then to work to hang out with the doggos (until my parents get back from their work event in Chi to pickup Sophie and then I will be hanging out with doggo singular, my Waffles O'Whoofigans) into the wee hours or until sunrise to get hours in for the week. Though there's a non zero possibility we opt not to Summerfest on Friday night given it's all outdoors and it's supposed to be rainy/thunderstorms all day/night for Madison/Milwaukee and this year storms = tornadoes and derecho winds. So we may decide it wouldn't be safe to drive and/or fun to be at outdoor fest grounds depending on how the weatehr forecasts shape up as we get closer to Fri.

But those were the most surreal watermelon skies and strawberry syrup viscous looking colored air and then with the rainbow splashes across the none red heavens?! I've seen red dawns (the sailor's bane) before this, but nothing nearly so magical in luminous crimsons as this sunrise... 

P. S. O yeah, this is also your notice my flights all got in a little early and I made it home safe and my animals are still in the both of them glued to me at all times phase of homecoming. 

[Post title: lyrics to the Fleetwood Mac song Landslide, now forever linked in my brain to the memory of impossible fairyland red-pink skies and rainbows. Which is why I chose it for the lyrics of this post, even though Halo is the song currently still playing stuck inside my head and I'm falling asleep to piano playing inside my head singing at me behind closed eyelids,  "It's like I've been awakened, Every rule I had you breakin' -- The risk that I'm takin'. I'm never gonna shut you out.  Everywhere I'm lookin' now, I'm surrounded by your embrace. Baby, I can see your halo, You know you're my saving grace. You're everything I need and more, It's written all over your face. Baby, I can feel your halo, Pray it won't fade away." But Landslide won out for the post title because now I have it cross linked in my brain with the magical red-pink skies and berry jam air and rainbows bright against glowing watermelon clouds.]

No comments:

Post a Comment