Tuesday, April 2, 2024

[apaprently I accdientally set this to draft last night; didn'tmean to, mostly small talk about unpredicted snow in April and my joy in the promised snow day]

 Today was a very good day. Everything turned a bit upside down by the afternoon and we had to reschedule my grandma's podiatry appointment to the 18, but that's alright. 

Apparently, when I decide on April Fools Day that I have 28.5 hours of work in  by Mon night AND 3 days of rainy chill in the bone dampness barely above freezing with 1-2" mixed precipitation and snow on Weds morning so I want to stay home cozy sit by the fire watch the April snows, the gods decide, "She wants snow? Let's give her snow!!! Snow Day for alllllll of Wisconsin!! For the entire north!" When I checked the weather right before I went to bed around 9 or 10pm last night, it was supposed to be all rain no snow in the mix til after 1am and only 1-2" predicted. I woke up to "expect at least foot of snow to fall between this afternoon and Thursday" 😆

This is the progression of the shifting forecast:




So I'm going to bed now with pretty well equal chances of 6-10, 10-15, and over 15" of snowfall. 😂 We will see what tomorrow brings. If Sarah comes into work, Mikaela is getting dropped off between 8 and 9 for cozy hearthfire and books and art and snuggly pets day. I brought home two salmon fillets from her mom's new order that's still at MCW for me to cook us salmon and rice and asparagus for lunch in case they don't plow me out again... If it's too dangerous for Sarah to come in or MCW decides nobody should come in, then I plan to make a big batch of slow cooker chili (Mikaela has never liked chili of any sort, thus why I wouldn't make it if she comes for a cozy day with her chosen family bonus older sister) and have chili and red wine tomorrow. We will see what happens. 

For an idea about how serious the Universe took me deciding Weds ought to be a snow day, here is the amount of snow at 2:40 after I finished eating lunch (they texted to include me in a North & South order -- so I had a bbq brisket bowl over cheesy hash browns and Mac and cheese with chipotle crema, red pepper corn salsa, and pickled red onions waiting for me after I finished my 7.5hr poll working shift and it started turning to hail/grapple at 1 that quickly turned to fast thick slushy wet snow my grandma could never navigate in her walker.) 





It was an odyssey of bad drivers/pedestrian choices and stalled cars on hills and perpendicular to the flow of traffic and completely off the road and snow covered wild turkeys using the school crosswalks for me to get to and from my polling place. But that's a saga for telling another time when I'm not so sleepy.... 

After I got back to work, we made hot cocoa with peppermint schnapps (they all had my Halloween marshmallows that contain pork gelatin so I couldn't have them, and I had marshmallow fluff which has no gelatin and sparkly butterfly springtime sprinkles!)


And then as long as I was there, I decided to work until at least 7 if not 8 to let the stupids all get off the roads and let prelim plowing happen. But as of right now since getting home and getting ready for bed, this is what they say for how much snowfall we ALREADY have (and last I looked the hourly forecasts are saying .7-1.2" of snow per hour from midnight til noon.)

Happy "The Weather Witch Asked For A Snow Day So We Give Her a Snow Day" Holiday -- celebrate this however you feel best and whatever the mornings accumulation allows, lol. Me, I'm headed to bed right now! I'm tiiiiired. And I will enjoy everything more on the other side of sleep! (Everything = snow, fire, books, tea, etc.) Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment