Wednesday, April 17, 2024

 On the scale from 1 to useable pianos.... 


This would be why I said I would be playing George Winston for the cat as long as he wanted or until he once more has access to the piano bench for naps. 😆 George Winston on at home for the cat and Billy Joel on at work for the dog.  Sound about right. (I just dropped Waffles off at work so she won't be barking and underfoot for the strangers and door wide open and fridge moving -- I will be locking Spock in my bedroom/closet/master bathroom to contain him but make sure he still has access to his litter box, food, and water)

And yeah, that's only about half my nonfiction books (that aren't reference or text books, lol.) Remember, I am a woman who lacks shelf control and so all my shelves are secondhand mismatched and they are stacked double/triple thick with books.... In my dream someday home, I have a dedicated library  with gorgeous real wooden shelves and enough of them for all my books to be single stacked with room to breathe and all be seen. But for now, I live the overcrowded secondhand until the weight of the books breaks the particle board or the pegs holding up the shelves snap and I have to unload all the books and haul a 6ft bookshelf down the stairs and to the curb by myself and hope I have recently enough found a curbed but useable second hand bookshelf or at least something cheap to buy off somebody. 

Anyway. Books and art. If you can't handle a LOT of books and art, I don't suggest visiting me or trying to live with me... Because I have a LOT of both.... (Should probably also be cool with pets, plants, minimal or no blinds/curtains because the plants and I like the light and birds, a large tea collection, rocks/crystals, random sticks and feathers I liked, whiskey generally of the Irish or Scotch persuasion, candles and other witchy shit, a preference for wood (preferably with pretty grains, but just generally fond of wood) not plastic furniture, and music related things... All of those are pretty central to my aesthetic and lifestyle, but the books and art are a definitely walk in the door "damn!" of having walked into a combination library art gallery space.  Also, moving me too far or too frequently is and will always be a bitch -- because you will pry my books from my cold dead hands but come hell or high water I'm bringing my books with me.....

But yeah, for now my piano is currently surrounded by theology, science, philosophy, memoirs, and history books. And the guitars are beyond that.

Similarly, the coffee table is currently surrounded by foreign language (mostly French) and dual language books. 😆 


I decided not to bother moving the books from the temporary stacks until the bookshelves can make it back where they belong again.  Which should HOPEFULLY be before lunch! They texted and emailed me last night that they were scheduling my delivery for 9-11a today and to login to reschedule ASAP if that didn't work. And I was really happy about that because I had overthinking anxiety about waiting around all day getting scheduled late evening because it could be scheduled anytime between 7a-8p and then they never arrive so they schedule it for Thurs and I have to call and try to to reach somebody, any human, tell them to move it to Fri because Thurs is the ONE day all week I can't be around in the daytime because I need to take my grandma on an afternoon appointment. And then they tell me they can't do Fri, they can do Thurs or Sat (when I'm in Milwaukee for Art in Bloom) or like two weeks from now and I have to just live with it all like this..... Anxiety monkey braining spin out is the worst...




No, I'm grateful the text last night said I have the 9a-11a scheduling window and hopefully be done before lunch and maybe even start getting things back where they belong.... On verra. They did text and email that it's marked out for delivery! (But the nearest Costco distribution hub is down in Janesville so probably still an hour or more and thatwould be if I were their first stop which is unlikely.) 

Also. I realized something when I was removing everything from inside/on my fridge. So my fridge breaking down is forcing me to erase let go of some residual energy from my exes (among other people like former roommates and friends coming over.) See, I have the Shakespeare, suggestive, and squirrel magnetic poetry sets all mixed together and my policy was always anything anyone wrote I'd leave up on the fridge "until the fridge dies or someone else wants to steal a word from it" and so I had some funny things and steamy love notes still on my fridge in magnetic poetry form from ex boyfriends I haven't thought of for like a decade. And I didn't take any pictures of what had been written, just  took down all the words, in phrases or all by themselves to go back in the pool of unused words, put them all mixed together in a tin. But I didn't realize til they were all taken down that night my fridge broke that I had just cleared out the energetic lingering from exes and friends I no longer had any ties to but whose words had remained on my fridge. Haven't decided yet if they're all going up or just keep the random mix of words in a tin and only finished phrases/poems get to be up on the fridge. On verra 

Anyway, my cuppa tea is done so I'm going to go wrinkle release fluff the socks left in the dryer last night so I can start matching them and make coffee and then decide if I want to clean/organize or read on this rainy blustery gray morning with George Winston music in a holding pattern waiting for the Costco delivery people to exchange the old dead fridge for the new.


No comments:

Post a Comment