Home. Been home over an hour now, but forgot to to post because unpacking and needy fur babies. VERY needy fur babies. Everything is up from the car except the beer and wine heading to work (some to share and some because I came home still needing to deal with not having a working fridge or freezer given it broke RIGHT before my St. Louis/Ste. Genevieve eclipse trip.) I have everything unpacked except the hotel/car snacks bag and two tote bags of new books and bulky/shared things in the hotel room for me to unpack, sort, and either put away or put in a bag to get back to Crissy.
But that can wait til tomorrow. Other than beer and wine and food while there and gas to get there, I tried to stay frugal and I bought books (9 at Target during a car snack run, those were buy 2 get 1 free and then 6 used books at Protagonist Coffee which was recommended to us by the bartender at 4Hands brewery to get coffee for the drive homeward) and rocks/crystals at Your Enchanted Crystals (I wore the yellow fluorite necklace that the cat Jade insisted we couldn't leave until I discovered it and added it to my purchases and wore the necklace home from the store but most of my new rock/crystal specimens still have to be unwrapped but will invite Mikaela over for that because she has a love of shiny rocks as well as books thanks to me as her bonus unrelated big sister.) O and 2 beaded bracelets at the winery. But, see, books and rocks have always been two of my budgetary weaknesses.... Books, music, rocks/crystals, concerts, art, plants/flowers, tea, art supplies. These are always my budget breaker temptations. Sorry in advance.
Many stories. Many many wonderful people met and reunited. Also made three new puppy friends at the winery (Argos and Willow and Piper) and visited again with Jade (the Wiccan store owner's cat who comes in with her at Your Enchanted Crystals) as well as her humans.
Anyway, I am super tired. Going to go take out my contacts and brush my teeth and then sleeeeeeeeep. More later another time. I have adulting things to do this week still (getting hours in at work, submitting my W4/WT-4 from poll working so they can cut my paycheck on the 26 to mail me or have me pickup, fridge shopping/scheduling to move new one in and take away old one, moving the nonfiction and foreign books and the two bookshelves that narrow part of the hallway so old fridge can't fit to get wheeled in/out of the kitchen. Eventually need to start over the empty fridge filling grocery shopping once I have a working fridge/freezer to put the food into because right now my kitchen is VERY bare, even the pantry of mostly dried legumes/rice... Real adulting tasks. But they can wait til the other side of sleep. And so can me writing out and posting more of my St. Louis stories if I choose to tell them. Sweet dreams. Bonne nuit.
No comments:
Post a Comment