I'm so excited and happy that the Packers made it into the playoffs!!!!! What a rollercoaster of a season. Crazy year. But yay for a playoff game on Saturday!!!
O and the dogs are super excited and happy that the wine on New Year's Eve led to the decision to add Sack Snacks to the Touchdown Treats, to show appreciation for good d and the very first sack today, the dogs went running excited to the kitchen for little treats because they remembered "sack" + human joy = treat. Littlest for sack snack, then turnovers get two little treats, a medium treat for field goals because we had some horrifically bad mid season games where those were the only points on the board, and big treats for every touchdown (bonus little treat with the big treat for successful two point conversion) and a big treat for a win. There's also a lot of repeating with emphasis FIRST down to distinguish it from TOIUCH DOWN! Let's just say the dogs are VERY invested in Packers games now and think all other sports pale in comparison to Packers games. Also Sophie now wears a jersey as well by her own insistence, my "torn by a German Shepherd then repaired" youth sized Aaron Rodgers jersey. The first time Sophie saw me putting Waffles' jersey on her, Sophie gave me a Huskie mix EARFUL lecture about how unfair it was the other dog had a jersey because Sophie had thought it was just an Audrey thing but the new dog gets one and Sophie has been a Pack member WAY longer than Waffles so where the hell is her jersey?! And luckily, I had brought the torn by a german Shepherd trying to put it on said shepherd and repaired with my sister Rodgers jersey because I thought I might want to put it on over my white sweater with green skirt and Packers santa hat I had worn for holiday symphony. And now that jersey is Sophie's and it fits her everywhere except not tapering at the waist so we just clip the back up for her. So the dogs KNOW what jerseys mean when those go on them, lol. And that's when the excitement and chattiness from Sophie begins, lol.
Bit of a busy week, although some of the busyness is planning to stay home with the expected more than half inch of snow on Tues and another half inch on Friday. Either Wednesday or Thursday Mikaela and I are going to the zoo (the zoo in Madison is one of the few ACZ certified zoos that's always free) to go watch the snow loving animals frolic. (Bo and Berit, the pair of polar bears; Tai the red panda, and Yuri our Amur tiger are the happiest with lots of new snow. Bo, short for Borealis, is the younger of the two polar bears and he is always the most excited for lots of snow.) Then Saturday I have tickets with my parents and Crissy to the Broadway tour of Beetlejuice and I think the plan is to have dinner at Cooper's Irish Tavern beforehand because they have budino on the dessert menu right now and that's one of my maman's forever favorite desserts. Sunday is the Packers playoff game against the Cowboys.
And then the following Monday and maybe Tuesday are going to be stupid cold (single digit Fahrenheit high temps and negative Fahrenheit low temps -- so I might stay home with a fire so that my crows can warm themselves up against the chimney. On verra. I won't be able to get as many hours in early though because of the Beetlejuice tickets. I can decide about next week next week -- I don't have much at all in the calendar this month actually.
Also, if you haven't watched Holey Moley, you absolutely should! Fucking hilarious! It's on Disney Plus (though maybe its Hulu? It's all the same login for me) because it was on ABC. Miche and Jon found it and saved to watch with me (they find a mix of ridiculous series and documentaries to watch with me on my visits) and season 1 of Holey Moley was everyone's clear winner for this week. I'm currently watching through Season 2 now I'm at home. It's an extreme minigolf competition but it's the commentators who make the show, Joe Tessitore is the classic play by play actual sports commentator for ABC and ESPN and if you watch sports at all the moment you hear his voice you'll recognize it and he's trying to be as serious commentating as for professional sports but his co-host is Rob Riggle the comedian and their dynamic is just golden!! And then you add the music and sound effects and it's just so good! Especially if you're someone who watches enough sports to appreciate Tessitore trying so hard to do his job and sometimes just breaking at the comedy.There's apparently nowhere to find the streams for season 3 or 4 right now (so maybe rights are being shopped to somewhere else?) but if you find either season, it would delight me to no end to be able to watch season 3 and 4. (special bonus: not only will you delight me with the happy surprise of finding it, and happy surprises are one my favorite things in the world, but laughter is my emotional reset switch. So when you make me laugh, no matter what mood I was in beforehand or the reasons for it, the moment I laugh you set me back to my factory defaults of cheerful optimistic happy go lucky logical me. Much easier to make me laugh than to guarantee snow to reset my mood and it works every time but only once you make me laugh. But also, it ALWAYS works the moment you get me to laugh. It's very true for me the Marilyn Monroe quote, “If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything.”Always has been. One of the most important hacks into my personality, especially when I'm worked up irrational or angry or frustrated. Completely altered for the best the relationship between my sister (Virgo sun, Pisces moon, Pisces rising) and me when she realized she could control our interactions by opening with something ridiculous to make me laugh so she always got the best version of me, lol.)
Anyway. My point was Holey Moley. It's what I've been watching while inputting keeping me at work even later than usual. It's so great!! So brilliant! One of the funniest things I've seen in a really long time and the world is hard right now and we can all use what light and laughter and joy we can find in it. (and at a Cassandra level precogger looking at the upcoming fatelines, I gotta tell you that the world is going to get darker before it gets brighter; so quite seriously hold onto whatever joy and light you can find while you can.) It's sooo ridiculous!! Especially if you are someone who watches enough sports to have the immediate Tessitore delivery put your brain into "this is serious competition" juxtaposed with the ridiculousness of Riggle and how serious-campy-insane the show takes itself. It's perfection if you're a sport person and a comedy person. It makes me laugh so hard!!! I may have to give it some time then rewatch the show even though I don't usually rewatch sports or game shows or reality type shows. But this one may weel be worth it given how much it makes me laugh.
It's been making me want to go play some mini golf though (haven't been since the summer -- but growing up my parents took my sister and me mini golfing at almost every opportunity so it's definitely a thing I very much enjoy) and it's kind of snow covered winter time so there's only the one indoor course at Vitense right now. And that is the meh-est least epic of the mini golf courses at Vitense, though none of their courses can compare to the extreme-ness of Holey Moley course. Still, I may have to find someone to make plans to mini golf, even if it is the indoor course, sooner rather than later.
O right! And pupdate of Waffles claw injury. She's still on her 7 day course of antibiotics, the quick is still not fully covered but the keratin is growing fast and it's clean enough shows no sign of infections and she hates the winter snow bootie so much I didn't make her wear it today. if the quick is still exposed when we get more snow on Mon night/Tues I may make her wear the little snow bootie because otherwise the cold sensitivity and wetness may be problematic. but she's healing up well with no sign of infection or anything at this point. And I'd be surprised with how fast the keratin is growing if the quick isn't fully protected before we get to the deeper snows and stupidly stupid cold.
Also also. Tickets go on presale tomorrow (today now) for Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks at Soldier Field and I've used up all of my people who like Billy Joel enough to pay for as spendy as even nosebleed seats are to go with me to a stadium show going to see him at Wrigley and Lambeau and I don't have anyone to go with me to Chicago for the show on June 21... And I'm very upset about this.... Because summer solstice (technically this year it's the evening of the 20, but the 21 is OFTEN the solstice so I'm counting it a solstice show) and there's a Billy Joel AND Stevie Nicks concert in Chicago.... and nobody who likes Billy Joel enough for a whole spendy stadium show loves me (or Billy Joel or Stevie Nicks) enough to go with me this year....Clearly astro poets were wrong about my horoscope for this week "Week of 1/7 in Libra: You are loved. You are surrounded by love and oranges. So many people know you. You will be known further. You will be loved forever." since I can't even find anyone willing to go to Chicago with me to see Billy Joel and Stevie nicks concert on the solstice.... (Just joking about that, money is an issue as is the fact that the people I've asked have already gone to see Billy Joel concerts with me in the past at Wrigley Field and Lambeau Field, lol.) It's a brilliant horoscope for this week though -- made me laugh when i read it today. My rising sign for this week is "Week of 1/7 in Pisces: You knew what to say. But also you didn’t. Hold the strength to be what can be said. You can send off the green. You can be there in green and sunshine." They were definitely the two best of all the astro poet horoscopes for this week tbh,
No comments:
Post a Comment