Happy 1/11 new moon!!! Light a candle and make for yourself all the best wishes/intentions to plant as seeds! Make something magical and unexpected and happy surprises with it!!!
Should I be sleeping? Yes. Am I sleeping? Well no, I don't write here in my sleep.
Such a beautiful snowfall earlier tonight!!! It was the little snowfall (1-4") between the two big snowfalls of 6-10". I'm very excited to drop off Waffles at work so I can pick up Mikaela and we can head to Vilas zoo early in the day, soon after they open!!! I just love watching happy snow loving animals after fresh fluff!!! And then after we're done at the zoo, I'll be at work and I'll water all the plants that night before I head home. Then I'll have all my hours in for the week before the next big snowstorm arrives!
And I'm very much looking forward to some more cozy at home with the snow system that's moving in early Fri through Sat morning! I have some more firewood from my parents garage now which should get me through for a little while at least. Not as much as I'll be wanting/needing though, on the other side of the heavy snow, temperatures are plummeting. Sat night the plan is currently Cooper's for dinner (so my maman can finally try their budino) then Beetlejuice tour at Overture Hall. Then Sunday is the Packers playoff game and if not for that I might consider just staying home cozy all day. But I do want to watch the game and the doggos love watching it all together as pack celebrations and once I'm out and about I may as well get some hours in afterward. All day Monday is the coldest currently in the forecast, might not even get above 0F on Monday. So my plan for Mon & Tues (and whenever I get back home on Sun) is to keep the fire going in the hearth and at some point soak dried beans then make a big batch of spicy chili! (Mikaela is still off school on Mon so I told her she's welcome to get dropped off if she wants a hygge day with me and the animals and a fire in the hearth. I've always liked the word hearth more than fireplace, I think it's because whenever I read it or hear it, it's enough like heart it makes me think of it as the heart of the home as opposed to just any old place to put some fire.) Then after the worst of the cold improves, I will have to get my hours in before symphony over the following weekend (either Fri or Sun, currently it's Sun as per usual but Denis asked to move it to Fri which normally we do when anyone in the group needs to shift days, but Crissy may be going for work to southern Illinois and won't be back for Fri evening. Soooo, on verra. I should know by the end of this week what day I have symphony tickets for the week after, lol.)
Anyway. More or less my plan for the remainder of January is some combination of getting hours in at work, hygge at home with a lot of reading beside a crackling fire, football for as long as Packers stay in the playoffs, and musical performances. And today I'm going to Vilas to celebrate all this snow with the polar bears and Amur tiger and red panda and river otters (and anyone else loving it) and to indoor visit with the rest of the animals who aren't as excited about fresh snow as Bo and me, lol.
Same plans for the start of February. Middle of Feb month I have Les Mis tickets and some Irish band concerts middle of the month and end of the month and also in the second half of February my parents are in Panama so I'll have both dogs and two homes as well as work to be dividing my time between. March starts off with concerts, Aoife Scott and The Coronas (curiously, Danny the singer of The Coronas is Aoife's cousin) and then my grandma has appointments March 18 & 20. (My sister desperately was trying the last couple days to convince me to take advantage of the cheap southwest sale that end today to visit them again because they have nothing in their calendar in March AND they all miss me already and if dates had aligned I could have visited Seattle for under $200 after taxes. But alas, between the Irish concerts and my grandma's appointments, I couldn't align with the cheap flight dates. Which sucked because if I could have made it work for even a week or so I would have but here we are.)
So anyway, mostly cozy hygge vibes for me is my current plan from now until Spring, with some concerts and musicals in the mix because it's me and if we're honest about my budgeting skills, most of my money is spent on books and music, lol. Of course, I do have a Sagittarius Mars (and stellium) so I may throw all that cozy hygge plans for the rest of winter aside in the name of an unexpected "seems like a good idea" change in plans, lol. I'm always up for happy surprises and adventures if unexpected things that appeal to me are thrown in my path. Doesn't take much to convince me to add extra bonus adventures into my life so long as budgets and timelines allow -- especially when the adventures involve music and/or art and/or books and/or theatre and/or people I adore.
No comments:
Post a Comment