Monday, October 2, 2023

So I've been thinking recently about the phrase "dream a good dream" and what it means to me. (Yes if you're wondering/hoping if it's a song lyric sparked the question, the answer is yes. I will not be elaborating further at this time, but the answer is yes to that question.) And I realized. For me, I would define a good dream is any dream where the polar bear and I share dream space from a place of love so everything feels right and like coming home. Doesn't much matter anything we do in the dream, wandering or cuddling or talking or exploring or anything at all really. What matters to make it a good dream is that feeling of loving and being loved in return that is what gives those dreams a sense of rightness and coming home.  

That's it. That's all it takes for me to call it a good dream. And no dream would be called a good dream by me without that. It could be important or sweet or fun or exciting or many another positive adjective, but for me to classify it a GOOD dream, it has to be one where there's the flow of love both ways between the polar bear and me and we get to be together to enjoy it and feel the rightness of it. 

Doesn't matter what all else is going on it, so long as that's there between us, it's a good dream. And without it, no matter how wonderful everything else in the dream, I wouldn't call it a good dream if the polar bear and a healthy love flowing between us is no part of it. 

There's a lot of answers I don't have and a lot of things I don't yet know. But I do know that truth about myself and my dreams. I'm not entirely certain what to do with that truth, but I am completely certain it IS my truth regarding that question. So that truth seems to me a good place to start as a solid foundational isness to build upon. 

Maybe it's not much to build on and maybe that's not what the line meant at all.... but it's the answer I found when I ask myself the question of what dreaming a good dream means to me, personally. 

I need to go haul firewood up two flights of stairs from the trunk of my car before heading to Chicago later today. I don't mean that in the Zen "after enlightenment chop wood haul water" way, my trunk is just full of firewood I loaded in to bring home for this winter so I could move the chopped wood from the recently felled part of the ant riddled tree at work to cure where all this wood was before moving it into the car. Regardless any other plans given the Milwaukee art museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, the plan for tonight is still to head to House of Blues for the Neon Trees show. After I finish hauling a trunk full of firewood up two flights of stairs, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment