I woke up with the Lumineers song Ophelia playing in my head. And all morning it's being growing in me that I need to walk down to Tiedemann Pond (and maybe Strickers Pond too) and so I'm gonna go now and do that. It's the last place Audrey Pupburn insisted on going for a walk, and she actually reached the end of her strength (never walked again) halfway up the hill of Gammon Rd and I carried her cuddling her trying not to cry all the rest of the way home.... Probably gonna cry over things lost to time can't have back and acceptance of that.... But i feel I need to go do that today before whenever I next make that walk with Waffles, after I drive back from Kirkland with her next month.
So I'll listen and go walk down to Tiedemann and cry if I must and make space in my heart around the grieving for the joy once Waffles is here....
[Post Title: Lyrics to The Lumineers song Ophelia.]
No comments:
Post a Comment