For the record, Spock also really loves Come Back Home. It started playing in my head while I was post breakfast zen nirvana meditating while sipping coffee and watching the birds in the choke cherry tree against the snow and bright blue skies. As expected, when I quieted my thoughts and sat in contemplative food nirvana, the chorus is what surfaced to fill my inner silence so I decided to make it fill my outer silence as well. Was not expecting such a strongly inquisitive happy respond from my cat! As in, he loved it so much when I played it on my phone just now that he got up from his chair where he was asleep in the sun came over to me on the couch and sat by my leg and chirped in curiosity at just the intro -- then when the lyrics started, Spock began to purr and stood on his hind legs to rub his cheeks/forehead against my phone during every singing portion of the song. When the song stopped, Spock stopped purring and he tapped at the phone but when I didn't repeat it or play any other songs, he turned away in disdain and left me to go lay in the patch of sunlight again. 😆
And you have to understand that from Spock this is the absolute highest praise. He is generally strictly a piano loving cat and George Winston is his favorite of favorites above and beyond all other music. He does prefer acoustic guitar/classical guitar next best after piano with strings arrangements in distant third, but it's rare for him to be so interested in a song with vocals. And his primary interest and love has always been and will always be piano music. He sprawls on the piano bench and reached for you with his paws to play for him as a fairly regular occurrence -- and if he hooks his claws in your clothes instead of soft paw reaches, he only lets you go if you play something or put on a recording of someone playing piano songs. The fastest surest way into my cat's affection is to sit down at the piano and play a George Winston song for him. That's not even a joke.
I should have gotten picture or video of his reaction to hearing Come Back Home this morning, but I left my laptop at work and my phone won't play in a browser and take pictures/video simultaneously.
But for the record, Come Back Home completely enthralled the George Winston adoring feline even more than a sunshine snoozle in a flat that only gets morning light because all the windows/balcony face the sunrise. Ranking above sunlight, especially when using nylon stringed guitar not even piano, is the highest honor from this feline.
Okay. I'm going to read and drink the rest of my coffee now and I may or may not replay the song to hear with my ears not just inside my head. My grandma's appointment isn't til 2 and she isn't done with lunch til 1:15, so I don't have to go anywhere til 1ish. But ADHD being what it is and me having no sense of the passage of time except when music is playing to help me count the passing beats, I have multiple alarms set starting at noon and I don't trust myself to exit my hyperfocus state of flow and set aside any writing or sketching I could do to pass the time and i don't really have the executive function to motivate me to cleaning even though I need to. So reading nonfiction I can set aside when the alarms go off is my best bet. Better than mindless games or doom scrolling on my phone seeking dopamine hits.
No comments:
Post a Comment