Monday, February 21, 2022

 I was tonight years old when I remembered that due to the intense heat of summer in Qatar, FIFA World Cup was moved from typical mid-summer to late November/early December, and I'm currently giving myself massive pre-anxiety about how I'm expecting to watch Packers football, FIFA world cup matches, and Grand Prix of figure skating between Nov. 21-Dec. 18.... Like, I know that I can/will delay watching figure skating grand prix events until later because we already do that most years with Packers games in the mix. I guess I'll have to wait see which nations make FIFA World Cup and when they play and how that lines up opposite Packers schedule (once that's decided) and maybe I just watch them next to each other other on split screen or neighboring monitors.... But how did I choose the audio?! Both would be chaotic but maybe it depends on the match?  This is so much easier on my decision making processes when FIFA World Cup is its normal midsummer timing!!!  

O dios mio, but I can't remember ever being this stressed out (preemptively) about sports viewing schedules..... Why they got to overlap them like this?!?! 

Arrrrrrrrgh!!!

Never mind, it's 10 months out before these decisions need to be made between football games and futball matches -- literally long enough away that a child could be conceived and born before I need to be thinking about this. 

So I'm going back to watering my plants and listening to British news and reading The Tao of Physics (my current purse book) and not thinking about this. I'm thinking that if I don't get the plants all taken care of by a "reasonable" bar time to head home, I'll work through until sunrise and then home for breakfast and then drop my dog off at work again while I go grocery shopping after they open at 7am (coworkers will be here with her at 9am and if left at home without me she barks at people in the hallway) when they open and then taking things home and then Target and then tasking things home and then back at work for lunch. And then home before the ice/sleet/freezing rain arrives.  Rather than the previously promised snow, we're now under winter weather advisory from 5pm Mon until 6pm Tuesday for freezing rain/sleet up to a quarter inch of ice and then converting to maybe an inch of snow.... And then I'll wait until roads are cleared before I head out anywhere further than taking care of my dog's needs outside.  Thus why I should buy groceries beforehand and then get home before things get dicey. (If you saw how empty my fridge is, you would agree. But if I get too exhausted to power through without sleep or migraine starts up from the weather change, then I have freezer and pantry and some kitchen things I can make me.) We still have 2 inches of snow promised for Thursday -- but I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes. IF it snows Thursday as promised, I plan to spend the day taking the dog for a fun lovely snow frolic and then a crackling fire at the hearth! IF we get the promised snow... Which this year's winter feels like a bigger if than it ought to be....

Also though, WHY does FIFA World Cup have to be in the middle of Packers football and Grand Prix of figure skating season?!?! WHY?!?! Well. If you're looking to see me during late November/early December, expect to be forced to watch sports with me. Mon bon dieu....

No comments:

Post a Comment