All the rain From earlier today turned to black ice so leaving my underground garage was rendered impossible this evening without tire chains, thus I did not make it to the Talisk show at Bur Oak on the other side of town..... Also my cat was an absolute pest insisting on laying on me so I couldn't leave it go anywhere from like 6pm on. Even if I moved him he came right back and sprawled on my feet. Then he was laying on my coat guarding it and would swipe at me if I came too near and then finally while making tea he curled up in front of the door so I couldn't even open the door without his approval. Spock was adamant I stay home tonight.
And having just taken Audrey Pupburn outside to take care of her doggy needs, even just crossing the parking lot and walking the sidewalk and to the dumpsters was n'a adventure. Pretty much every step was the "wet pavement or black ice?" game and sometimes the pavement that looked dry was actually the most slippery clear black ice.... Very happy not to be driving on it!!! I do hope some people, especially those on the east side of town, went to the Talisk show though. This is the first they've been able to come back to your stateside and they lost a LOT of money in the middle of Celtic band season when everything shut down March 2020.... and shows without much of an audience are hard on musicians.... so I do hope some people made it even if I couldn't make it because the driveway out of my garage too steep and covered in black ice for me to drive anywhere until it's dealt with in the morning....
Staying at home not going anywhere then because I can't get my car out of the garage (and the roads likely aren't too safe either except main ones and bus routes they have heavily salted) until the ice is dealt with is the entire plan for tonight. So if you're looking for me, that's where I am. At home with my dog and my cat and my books and my tea and my candles and some Chopin music.
No comments:
Post a Comment