Every Libra needs at least one Taurus bestie in their life because a Taurus will always advise their Libras, "Treat yoself!" I actually have a lot of female Tauruses in my life and all of them express their love by making sure I have food and encouraging me to choose for myself the things that make me most happy (in my case that's almost entirely concerts/music festivals and books/bookstores, lol.) Mostly, my life is full of Libras, Scorpios, Tauruses, Pisces, and Capricorns. Also a fairly large quantity of Virgos. And then a smattering of other signs for spice. I mean that said, when my grandma asked me if I had any fun plans for after helping her, I mentioned casually that I was thinking I might go book shopping and her response was, "O you always have loved that! You should go!" And then I decided to seek the advice of the 16 year old Taurus in my life. Which, when it comes to advice or self restraint regarding book shopping, it's like asking the cat if he always wants to listen to George Winston songs. 🤣
Mum and I are all caught up on tonight's Olympics cover so back to dvred figure skating from earlier in January. I actively LOVE watching all the snowboard and aerial jump skiing so tonight was a massive night for me even without any skating tonight. The only reason I don't watch x games religiously is the same reason I don't commit to league soccer matches - there are way too many across the year. I would never do anything but watch sports if I added all the x games events into my sports watching roster.
Anyway. If you ever go out to a restaurant or bar with me and x games is on, you should expect me to be riveted and all the conversation to be about how sick a given trick was. (Full disclosure: if you didn't know it about me, I'm a recovering Warped Tour alternative-emo-punk-pop scene kid. Also, some of my musician exes definitely from the emo-punk-alternative scene. But exes are exes for a good reason.)
But I watch x games every fucking opportunity I catch them and I get super into them. And yeah, my syntax and choice adjectives completely shift every time time I catch even qualis, lol. But I get super into all x games events - though I know too much about kinesiology and physics to ever even consider anything like half pipe or big air aerials. See?
Don't let the cardigan and hippie mane of curl beast fool you. You can take the girl out of the scene but you can never take the scene out of the girl. Scratch the surface and even without the thick cats eye eyeliner and dark nailpolish and all black outfit, the "then you can go fuck yourself" and "touch me again without asking and you'll walk away from this interaction with no more than one functioning testicle" attitude from spending numerous weeks of my life at Warped Tour and in the pit at punk shows. It's one of my facets that people don't expect but once they know it's there they can't unsee it. I won't start a fight, but if you cross the line to play "fuck around and find out" push my boundaries attack me, well, that's when I nearly break a man's arm at a High King's concert for intentionally hitting me in the head to impress his pouting girlfriend who wants space to swing dance and the singer who I've drunk significant amounts of whiskey with at Irish fest laughs mid song and then between songs says, "aye ye should know better than to be tussling with any lass without her say so, but especially not an Irish girleen with green in her eyes and red in her hair and a temper to match. This one's for you me feisty colleen." The best part is that my friends didn't see me nearly snap his arm or hear me tell him if he touched me again he'd be walking away with more than a broken arm, they just saw his reaction from onstage and turned to me asked, "WHAT did you DO?!??" And I shrugged said, "Muscle memory. I didn't hurt anyone. Terrified him, but no physical damage done. In my defense, he hit me in the head. Intentionally. After telling his girlfriend he'd make me move." Fun times. Don't play fuck around and find out with me - Sag Mars won't seek to start a fight but warrior centaur archer will take it deadly serious if attacked.
Anyway. So I bought an armload of books on all sorts of subjects. Picture of titles later. (I used to keep a running list of all the books I read and books acquired and posted it every month or so. It's eclectic and long ago and I didn't think it much interest to anyone, but I could go back to doing that.) And then Laredo's for dinner and margaritas and revisiting my emo music x games warped tour past self. Because women's half pipe qualis and men's big air finals. And now catching up on dvred figure skating. Also the dogs have both been curled up to me as close as possible. Audrey is currently sleeping with my head as her pillow and Sophie is curled up against my back and hips. But from earlier while watching Big Air Finals:
(Yeah. Audrey's been running around a naked and free little bear luck dragon since her shower on Friday. And it's been warm enough outside I didn't force her to put a jersey or sweater back on.)
Also. My dad was today years old when he heard Shake It Off for the first time. 😆 He said, "why do haters gotta hate" and about five minutes later I said, "Damn you! Now I have Taylor Swift stuck in my head!" and when he said he didn't know what I meant, I played him the song and he claimed he had never heard it before and laughed until he was crying while laughing when I asked incredulously, "You mean you've been earworming everyone every time you say that in recent years and you had no idea you were doing it?!?!"
No comments:
Post a Comment