Oooft. Even expecting Packers to lose tonight because Rodgers never plays well against 49ers (his childhood idolized team) so our lack of gains on any drives in the second half were exactly what I expected from him, I didn't expect special teams to make two such stupid mistakes on kicks to allow them to deflect first the field goal attempt them the punt which allowed them their touchdown.... Embarrassing..... That said, Bengals still in it. First away game playoffs win in the history of the Bengals franchise. EVER! And it is the Chinese Year of the Tiger. So it would be perfect time for Bengals to want it and win it and fuck over everyone's expectations. And, after all, who isn't a sucker for an underdog win?!
Dinner was super delicioso tonight from Glass Nickel Pizza, their current pizza of the month (well, January and February) is my favorite of their specialty pizza of the month pizzas. And their Thai Pie is always amazing. And we went with wine tonight --a bubbly sweet red from Italy that even my da would drink but wasn't so sweet that my mom and I won't drink it and then the cranberry red from Minhas which is also light and effervescent. AND!!! We've had the most beautiful snowfall!!!! All night tonight!!! I've had the window shades open so I can watch it, lol. This snowfall started right after my da and I got the firewood packed up in my car right before da went up to bed/to read and kickoff on the Packers game followed by catching up on dvred figure skating. (Still at their house watching figure skating, lol.) It's a mix of the super fine sparkle ice snow with super huge fluffy flakes and it's just beautiful!! And I took care of ordering teas from Churchill's for my niece (who ADORES her pink tea, the apple strudel tea) and some surprises that I hope my sister and Jon will like and a couple fun colorful ones that my nephew may even like. But I had my sister specifically ask Monroe if she wanted more pink tea by mail, without Aunt Dani coming to visit and drink it with her. And she said yes she did, she loves it. And then I spent way too much money retail therapy a second Churchill's order for myself, lol. But also, sparkle fluff snow and tea!! And bubbly effervescent wines and happy pups and more figure skating catch up!!!!! Look at these happy donut pups!!


Audrey woke up and decided to turn around lie on her other side just as I decided to try to take her snoozle picture, lol.
Going to have to take away her Packers jersey now or she'll make everyone sad reminding them of tonight's game. She'll get switched to either her Badgers or her Bucks jersey now, whichever she prefers. Without an undercoat, even as a long haired shaggy little bear, Wisconsin winters are too cold. And she prefers her tomboy sports jerseys over any dog coat that I've bought or had her try on. So Badgers or Bucks jersey it is after today, lol.
O right! Being all up in my picture roll reminds me! I promised to share my best attempt at getting my phone to document my exhausted hungry vampire with aquamarine colored eyes aesthetic last night, lol. Although no matter what I did, I couldn't get a picture to save with my eyes in focus and not blurry. And the more you try to look at them in any of these pictures, the blurrier they get.
And then as soon as I changed into my pyjamas and my dog was snuggled in bed waiting for me to take out my contacts, wash my face, brush my teeth, etc. my eyes turned an incredibly pale nearly translucent celadon jade green-grey with almost no blue. And I couldn't get a good white balance on my camera to save my life no matter what I pointed it.... Phone was fried and staticky so I set it aside for the excess charge to dissipate by morning, lol.




See what I meant about my hair being too tired to even try to fight gravity in its normal curls? Hadn't even brushed it out or anything, just that exhausted my hair was too exhausted to curl. The closest you can ever get it to straight with my hair is always in the dry air of dead of winter when I'm overdue for a haircut so the ends are questionably split AND on a day I'm tired. But even a midwinter use of a flatiron and products, my hair will still curl at the temples and at the nape of my neck within about 10mins and I'll have at least light waves through my hair an hour of flatironing it. So why bother and cause damage to my hair? I just let the curl beast do whatever the curl beast wants tbh.
But even today, the end of my braid is back to curling as soon as I braided it out of the way and the braid is starting to corkscrew around itself as it always does after an hour or so in a braid, lol. (And my eyes are a pretty typical for me forest green-grey-blue deeper ocean toned.)



Also. Given that we're getting 4-t inches of snow tonight, another 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow night across Monday morning, and then getting back down to stupid cold which means black ice that neither sand nor salt will melt, especially on certain curves of 94, AND Tuesday is like a low of -12F here AND Minneapolis is currently projected a high of 0F and a low of -17F, Crissy and I have decided we will NOT be heading for the Minne for the Punch Brothers show that night. Even without covid related hospitals overwhelmed issues, standing outside for a gen ad when it's stupid cold is miserable and honestly even sitting by the roadside waiting for AAA for like a flat tire issue is unsafe given how quickly hypothermia and frostbite happen when it's that cold. Before even taking potential windchills into account. There are risks worth taking, but if the car doesn't want to start after stopping for gas or if a tire blows out or you hit a patch of black ice, that type of cold is just miserable waiting for roadside assistance and it's life threatening or at least exposed skin risk of amputations.... You can only have so many blankets in a cold car when the raw temperatures not counting windchill are that low.... That said, the venue needs the money so we'll just have the tickets and be no shows that night. Unless we can figure out someone already in the Minne area who would go to transfer the tickets to -- don't want to encourage anyone not in Minne to make a drive we consider unsafe after all. We will make the call later in the week once we see the weather profile after Tuesday is past about the Chicago Punch Brothers show on Thursday and if we feel like we want to deal with crowded gen ad in Chicago we'll go. The roads and the drive will at least be safer than Tuesday which is unsafe by standards that don't even factor in pandemic overwhelmed ICU beds and understaffed ERs.
No comments:
Post a Comment