So my sister's family and me finally decided to do a zoom watch partyof the packers game today (as we've been talking for years) because of how hard a time they're having to find outdoor bars playing the Packers games in the Kirkland/Seattle area. (technically they live in Kirkland) Plus, today was cold and rainy in the Pac northwest -- my nephew Jack is 5 (soon to be 6) can get vaccinated as soon as the kids Pfizer roll out, but my niece Monroe is still only 4. So they do still have to be cautious and thus only eat out when they can sit outside, never inside. Which, pretty much, is exactly what I do at this point even though I have no children, lol.
But the zoom watch party worked out really well for us today AND we got some bonus silly zoomies time!! It was fun getting to talk and react together in real time!! So we're tentatively planning to do this for all future games this season (except next week when I'll be at Lambeau with my maman. )
I'm really happy to at least have gotten to Zoom see them. As my afterglow of shiny eyes speaks clearly. (I get really intensely glowy happy when I get to see people I love and miss. Like, because of the ADHD and my weird relationship to time, I'm sort of always missing people I love far away, but whether it's a week or months or years it all feels the same to me -- the missing is constant no matter the length of time I just get really excited and happy when I get to finally see them again. So I'm a bit of a stoic accepting however long people I love are absent from me and I'm an introvert with unmedicated ADHD so I can go a long while without seeing them but I'm a completely focused opportunist with whatever opportunities life gives me. It's also why one of my exes broke up with me by telling me that dating me was like being in a long distance relationship with someone in the same city -- because I'd get confused when he wanted to hang out and ask him "why? I just saw you yesterday..." He was more into me than I was into him though, if I'm honest about that past relationship -- he's good now, married with a toddler, and we're still friends. And, he was ready to call me on the fact that you shouldn't be dating someone if your reaction to them wanting to see you is to ask why given you just recently saw them, lol. Anyway, I admit even though I'm an introvert and content to hermit for long spans of time, I do get super shiny eyed glowing light up full of love when I get to be with or see the people I love again. Every time.)
I miss them all -- I haven't seen them in person since they were here over the summer. I also miss the Seattle area generally -- this is the longest I've been away from the Pac Northwest since my sister first moved out there for her Microsoft internship right out of college. I'm feeling really homesick for my sleepy volcano and the sound and my family/friends who live out there. We're talking about the possibility of me using some of my PTSO time to go visit them in December. (After my grandma's move in mid-Nov, after Jack can get his full vax course, and after my sister and I can get boosters. Due to the weird blood disorders in my family, like my da had the highest levels of recorded of high levels of anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome in which the immune system destroys the lipid bilayer of everything in the bloodstream -- the main side effect for health is it causes "sticky" blood which increases risk of blood clots. It's basically like having an immune response able to create nukes that destroy everything foreign in the blood stream -- most people who can produce aplab do so right after a previously unknown or bad infection and women are more likely to produce it and then miscarry if their body sees the fetus as a foreign body. My da is unusual in the fact he ALWAYS produces aplab and has had to be on blood thinners and get his INR tested since his frist mini stroke from it back when I was in high school. Knowing he has it and that you'll always gets false negatives for aplab and lupus if you have both (AND lupus runs in my mum's side of the family) was a driving factor in the decision for me, my sister, and my parents all went with J&J adenovirus not one of the lipid-coated mRNA vaxxes. In gene therapy work, people with lipid destroying auto-immune disorders tend to be unresponsive to mRNA therapies because their body breaks down the lipids destroys the mRNA prior to its replication in cells.) We'll see.
Alrighty. I'm going to go outside on this brisk but sunny autumnal afternoon and get some transplanting done while I have daylight!
No comments:
Post a Comment