Saturday, October 23, 2021

 This morning the first frost of the season was thick on everything. It was stunningly beautiful, especially after the sun peeked out and all the hoarfrost was strewn with diamond drops glistening along the white-limned green of each individual blade of grass. I should have taken pictures. I didn't, but I should have.

Also, while on our very brisk morning walk down to and around the pond, I came to A Very Important Decision™. In addition to the thieving pirate queen of kittens Ms Grace O'Meowley, if at the time of rescuing her she should also have an orange and white brother available for adoption, then I intend to adopt him as well and name him Thomas O'Meowley in honor of the very wonderful Thomas O'Malley the alley cat of Aristocats fame. Please do not attempt to dissuade me on this. It was, after all, A Very Important Decision™. One doesn't ever arrive at any AVID™ lightly. And certainly never when it concerns punning pet names and their illustrious eponyms. 

Okay now. Bedtime for me. I am very le tired and tomorrow night will perforce be an early to bed night to be certain that I get up early enough Sunday for the drive up to Green Bay and game day traffic before a noon kickoff... It's normally a 2.5-3hr drive up to Green Bay from here, but on Packers home game days that can be upwards of 4 hours. And just trying to get near the stadium to park is a gridlock bitch if you're not there 1.5-2hrs before the game - the actual lot at Lambeau is sold out to season ticket holders and season tickets have been sold out since the 1960s and lengthy wait-list my entire life. People buy spots in the wait-list and bequeath their wait-list in the queue to relatives (you can inherit season tickets from a parent, spouse or blood relative upon their death - I have no blood relatives with season tickets nor even coveted placement in queue) and you can gift to family/friends for free to use your tickets if you can't make a game but you can't re-sell them for cash or you can have your season tickets revoked. So unless you inherit season Lambeau tickets, which the last I checked there was a 170,000+ long waiting list and there's maybe 600 seats that turn over per year, you're stuck trying to pay $20-60 to park on somebody's lawn or jammed in at a bar like a Cubs game. (This is why Sconnies embrace the pregame tailgate lifestyle...) Which means that without having overnight plans to get us closer, I intend to exchange my dog for my maman at 6am and get coffee on the way out of town to hope to be parked and through security in time for a noon kickoff. (If we get there early and are through security early, it's not a worry - atrium opens to ticket holders 4hrs early, including the 1919 restaurant which has reasonable prices for food and drinks IF we could get a seat, and you can get in to the arena to get to game seats 2hrs early. My mum was balking at even 6am tbh but for a noon game, leaving anything later than 7 and the odds are you won't be past security and in your seats in time for kickoff...) 

Lordy. Not looking forward to that early morning predawn drive in deer hunting season when they're most active along highways in the hours around dawn and at dusk.... especially now that sunrise isn't til 7:21..... Mostly white tail deer here, but there are elk in the area not just deer.... (Elk were made extinct in our state in the 1880s by over hunting, but since 2015 the WDNR and tribal leaders reintroduced 75 of them have been breeding them and the numbers of wild elk in WI are over 400 now and some of them are this far south this year.)  Ahhh well, is what it is and I'll just keep a good eye out for them. 

But that's not til Sunday. And tomorrow (today now) I'm planning to head to the orchard in New Berlin but other than that my day is completely empty at my discretion.  

P. S. Audrey Pupburn was so ready for bedtime when I suggested it.  πŸ˜‚ (My dog won't go to the bedroom unless I go to bed too - and she won't go on the bed unless invited or I lift her up put her there. She also won't leave the bedroom until I decide to leave it.)


As in she gave me the stink eye for rinsing my herbal tea mug in the kitchen on the way from the living room to bedroom after I queried, "Bedtime?" Then trotted down the hall to the bedroom as soon as I turned off the kitchen light. And when I told her that I was going to pee before bed, this was her reaction: 


That's a body language louder than words, "wake me up when you're serious about coming to bed then. And don't forget to turn off the light."

πŸ˜‚ Never get between a tired Pisces and their sleepy snuggle time... Even if they love you, Piscean babies need their beauty rest and will death glare you into submission if you delay it too long. πŸ˜‚ 

(I say that with all the love in the world to all my beloved Pisces in my life. As a Libra sun Pisces rising, I get it. When I'm exhausted, ain't no power on earth can get my lazy ass moving out of bed - not even the smell of coffee and French toast waiting for me in the other room.)

No comments:

Post a Comment