Sunday, February 21, 2021

 *sigh*  They have downgraded our snow squall of today from 3-6" down to 2-3" and that saddens me....  Nothing I like better than a good snowstorm in the winter time.  I wouldn't want to live in Alaska, I'm huge into seasonality and the distinct charm of each season so I wouldn't want more than 3-4 months of each season. But I do desire my winter season to be life in a snowglobe with 3-4 months of snowfall and everything tucked away for a long hibernation under the world's white blanket.  I could never be happy with a depressing winter of barren trees and brown and grey with only occasional snowfalls that disappear in under two weeks. Or worse,  somewhere everything stays green. The only living green I want to see in winter time are house plants and the conifers covered in snow.   

I want my winters to be 3-4 months of my entire world blanketed in snow. Less than 3 months I'm dissatisfied,  more than 4 months covered in white and even I'm done with it ready for green and the exuberance of growing things. So 3-4 months of constant snow cover is my ideal.  And preferably with frequent enough snow falls throughout to keep the sparkly whiteness bright not the "week old snow that absorbed the air pollution" dinginess.  (the first snow to darken is where diesel buses stop and along roadways/medians. Where exhaust pollutes the snow.)  Anything south of Chicago isn't wintry enough a winter for me,  tbh.  As climate change threatens my winter snow globe here in south-central Wisconsin  I'll move north or to the mountains,  but never willingly will I move to anywhere with less than 3 months of solid snow cover.... 

Anyway,  at least it's still supposed to snow on and off most of the day until about 1am!! And 2-3" of snow is still enough snow to repaint the world in the beauty of sparkle fluff!!!  💖 Maybe they're wrong now and things will shift so we err more into 4" of snow territory!  And I have enough wood for about a 3-6 hour fire later!  And I still intend to make venison stew shepherd's pie style tater tot hotdish for dinner! And PLENTY of reading material!  😂  (unless we're traveling and I only packed half a dozen books instead of my usual dozen books with the intention of leaving room for the books I buy while traveling, if I ever tell you I'm out of books to read,  I'm lying. Complete bald face lie.  I may be out of books I want to read and not in the mood to re-read anything.  But in this life,  I will always own more books than I can ever possibly finish.  Won't stop me from buying more or dampen my bookstore giddies at browsing bookstores or that I like to go book shopping when I'm in a bad mood because it's the one thing always distract me from what upset me and shift me to being happy.  But "I have nothing to read" is ALWAYS a damn lie unless traveling and I run low on books before visiting a local bookstore or a museum gift shop,  lol.)

Now. Time to make coffee and breakfast. Then see if the dog wants to go on a walk before starting some laundry and settling in to finish this novel.  Then spending the rest of the day with bottomless cuppa tea,  switching off between chores and reading, until whenever I starr the fire and also whenever I prep/cook tonight's tater tot casserole hot dish. Oooh and maybe bake some cookies tonight!  I never did bake cookies last week....  Then a Lady Luck beer with dinner and maybe some whiskey as well as tea across the evening til bedtime, after the dog has been out for so we're settled in for cozy time. (and by out,  I mean preferably we'll go for a walk in the falling snow,  unless it's a miserable "more ice than snow, stabbing at your exposed skin" precipitation at that point.)  

That's my entire plan for today! And I'm very excited for it! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment