Things that were unnecessarily stressing me this week and giving me anxiety but actually aren't an issue at all:
~Checking the mail for tickets to the Oct. 5 APT show for Book of Will (I was smart enough when I ordered them to decide to put them at will call - not smart enough to double check delivery method til last night)
~One of my credit cards because my monthly donation to SPLC on autopay didn't go through so they texted me to let me know and ask if I needed to update a replacement number for it (it went through the next day, the credit card company had an internal issue. Gonna double check the card to get gas today and call if it's acting up. It had a hold on it last month when a gas station in IN tried to put a $151 charge on it.... They claimed it was only a hold because they get stolen cards there, fraud protection flagged it auto put a hold on my card and texted me, I told the manager of that gas station at 3m that my card was flagged due to that charge after getting gas there on my way to Dublin OH, she removed the charge and apologized but I spent a hella long time on the phone trying to get the card working again - if it isn't, they'll need to send me a new one with a different number.)
~my end of month bills not on autopay, thought I was late on them (went to pay them, was early and instead paid the ones due end of October so currently a month ahead again, not late because I lost track of days passing)
~making sure I don't run out of heartworm and tick/flea medicine for the dog since she has one dose left of her Heartgard and Nexgard (stopped at vet on way back from our long walk at Tiedemann's Pond (my red tailed hawk came to say hi AND we were within 5ft of a gorgeous blue heron for like 20mins) and turns out the heartworm annual vaccine ProHeart will be cheaper, as is Similcra (their monthly flea/tick) pill, their rebates all renew to the SAME Visa card instead of wasting plastic trying to remember to use the rebate visas for some $20 purchase, AND the rimadyl she was prescribed for her back/hip pain back in June and is the go to arthritis/inflammation drug gor pets is a $60 rebate per dose onto that account. So that's like $115 in rebates in a year to defray the proper medical/vet fees on owning a dog, lol. Damn straight I scheduled a vet visit for Nov. 1 for the heartworm vaccine when I'll get one free dose of the Similcra and HOPEFULLY we'll then get a hard frost by Dec. 1 so I don't need to worry about buying her flea/tick preventative til Spring thaw in March/April!)
On all these things, I gave myself anxiety thinking I was running out of time or would get distracted then pay for ir latsr when I'd been smart enough not to be.... It's like the time I freaked out thinking I'd missed my last property tax installment on my condo so HAD to go in person immediately when I got back from Michigan so as not to be late, only to gind when I showed up with the check that it was due last day of July, not last day of June, and I was so early that they hadn't even sent out the notices which is why I never got mine and the site wasn't live for paying online. 😂
I'm always either ahead or behind.... I have a very hard time with measuring the passage of time (unless there is music playing to measure it for me.) I get a bit lost in flow and forget to check in how much time had passed.... And also, for me, ti. E isn't linear, it's spherical 4 dimensions of time to it. And sometimes I get lost ahead of the present don't realize hiw fast the present is catching up to me....
So if I don't do something right away when I think of it, I get distracted and no amount of alarms or calendar reminders will help me not procrastinate til I'm well and truly late, lol. I was always like that with homework assignments too. So being ahead and recognizing will call is better than mail for a show in 2.5 weeks is better for me. Trust me.
Gotta run. Half a pot of coffee to finish and I WANT to finish last 30pgs of a book that O'd intended to read instead of a 2hr walk with the pupper.... but shouldn't let me read it as I need to drop the dog off then pick grandma up at 12:45 for late lunch and running errands. So frustrating though - so fucking tantalizingly close to the end.....
also, found these in a free little library right by the pond!!!!!
Score!!! Those are expensive!! I'll have to compare the 9th edition versus the 7th edition I already have (that's how long ago I was in college, lol) for what texts are included in each.
Been winning at the little library selections recently! (I'm a sucker for a little library, been known to pull the car over just to peek in them to see what they have....) in another one near me, found a never before read hard copy of the original edition Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows while walking the dog on Tuesday. After I ceased being aghast someone put it in a little library, I hugged it to my chest and skipped home with it the rest of the walk with the dog knowing exactly the 14 year old whose book collection needed it! i gifted it to Miss Mikaela joking she'd read them forward from her library, but acquire the hardcovers backwards. She was so ecstatically happy! I also gave her a unicorn pencil case I'd bought her (I bought me a matching one) and she promptly transferred all her pens/pencils/art supplies loose in her purse into it, lol. I'm a proponent of just because gifts and happy surprises - life is better when you give/receive delights unexpectedly not as a have to. I greatly prefer just because happy surprises over Hallmark holiday "need to get you something" ought tos. Always have.
More later!

No comments:
Post a Comment