Tuesday, May 6, 2025

 Well, Spock is still alive. Rough as the morning was and as close as he seemed, he's still here with me. He spent all day sleeping in my reading chair, even while Mikaela and Crissy came to visit him. His breaths were slow and shallow but he didn't have a recurrence of the pain and distress of the morning.  I stayed home instead of heading to work (I got 16 hours jump on the week over the weekend) and poured healing energy into him while he slept until he was purring about having the piano music on all day and having the dog and I stay with him still. 

I did get him to eat some, he actually came running to the kitchen like his normal food motivated self when I went for late dinner to reheat some of the Glass Nickel pizza my maman had Mikaela bring me at lunch and I gave both animals some of the chicken from the thai pie -- I tore the pieces for Spock up very small and he gobbled it all down. A bit later he ate some of his renal failure special diet kibble and the most recent cuppa tea I made me he jumped up on the bar stools asking for some greenies. 

I'm staying up reading though still to see if he shows the same sort of vomiting/arched back pain/diarrhea type problems he had for most of the four hours this morning. It will help me figure out if maybe it was a stomach bug he picked up from me or the dog that just him extra hard due to the ckd complications or if it's the CKD degeneration causing it.... If it's the CKD, I'll be looking at hard choices because I won't keep him alive in that much pain as he was having this morning but if it was a fluke then we will see what his blood work on Thurs will show. 

He's still painfully bony and skinny where you can feel every notch and crevice of every bone and he's sleeping a lot even for an old cat. Still, T least he ate even if it wasn't much -- when an animal stops eating isn't excited even for treats/scraps, then you know they are in a bad way on their path to death. 

But he did survive the day and didn't have any further incidents of how bad he was the four hours of the morning which were when I thought he would die or I'd have to put him down because I'm not so selfish as to keep him alive if he hurts that badly... 

 I'm still gonna stay up for a bit longer to keep reading and keeping an eye on him but he seems out of that danger he was in yesterday morning. 

Curiously, both Mikaela and Crissy we're woken up quite suddenly at 4:30am when Spock was in such a bad way. 

But anyway, I still have my 16 year old boy and the appointment is rescheduled and hopefully if it was stomach flu or anything like that, he won't be communicable by Thurs so he won't get other people's animals sick. I will bring it up to Erin though. Because it was all very unexpected and distressing. 

But he made it through the day and we will see how tired/weak/sick he is on the other side of sunrise, y'know? Back to reading nowand watching the cat purr in his sleep of slow shallow breaths laying right by me.

 Right. Before I forget. Here are the Astro Poets Horoscopes that came in on Sunday. They didn't suit the last post at all which was about my concerns for Spock. But in this one I can share them since it is the post of good news that perhaps it's not as bleak and he's no as close to his last breath as I feared this morning.

"Week of 5/4 in Libra: A light and airy remaining feeling. Is everything that is the whole world. You can feel love soft and pink. Soft and sweet. The perfume of love is what remains."

 "Week of 5/4 in Pisces: The fault of one thing is not another. And that is why you must learn it truly. So many animals. Take one into the other room. Be with it."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment