Mreow. FINALLY got that title for the Scion taken over to CoPart early this afternoon (after taking Miss Waffles O'Whoofigans on a walk around the large block to enjoy the gorgeous day before the weather changes again) AND then was able to get the rental car gassed up and returned by 3:30 so that if they had anyone waiting on it for the weekend they could maybe turn it around yet tonight AND when I added up my hours so far, I only needed like 1 hour 40 mins more to hit my 40 hours for the week despite myself so that tomorrow I can come in clock in start in on getting next week's hours in ahead. (I'm very spoiled and I recognize this -- I considered many career paths and never yet found anything I wanted to do for work to build my life around so I decided that as long as I could cover my bills I wanted my work to fit around my life and what brings me joy. Luckily, the family business is older then me (making more like a middle child even though I am actually the eldest) and my parents love me so I'm spoiled enough by circumstances that I get to completely set my own hours whenever I want as long as I get my 40 hours in and my work is done and also I bring my dog(s) in to the office with me (they even watch her in admin in the office so my dogs don't get left alone in my flat if I have errands or take off for shows or something) and I get paid to take care of my garden areas and my 100+ indoor plants in the computer store that looks like a greenhouse, lol. And I absolutely definitely game that to allow me to get paid for a weeks worth of work and still go to as many shows/festivals as I desire/can budget AND I've definitely been known to cram 40 hours of work in at the start of one week/weekend and then 40 hours at the end of the next so I can just go travel for over a week or so without using up PTSO time and thus extend my paid time off. At some point my parents will retire and I'll have to figure out what the hell to do with my life and what even that looks like to be a proper adult with a real job or to have to write a bloody damn resume to get past the ai overlords and reach a human... But that day is not today and future me will figure out my path somewhen in the future -- Universe has a way of providing for me and spoiling me and things happen in exactly right magical timing if I just let it unfold naturally. Drives my type A engineer brain Virgo sister completely batty how well that works for me so far.)
Anyway. Even the workaholic perfectionist Capricorn moon in me is pleased with me right now for getting all the tasks done I had set as my important goals at the start of the week to make sure I did before Saturday (even if I waited til ADHD procrastinated nearly last minute to get it done despite having all week to do it.) I'm going to take my dog and go to my parent's house to eat some chili and drink some red wine and watch World Championships of Figure Skating (it's this Weds-Sun in Boston, so we will still have some more to catch up on at some point just not next week Tues as I will be election official working 6am til close, lol) with my maman while da plays online cards with his friends in the other room.
Ciao bella. Have a lovely Friday, whatever you decide to do with it.
P. S. Ilia. Fucking. Malinin. Even if you don't know much at all about figure skating, go watch Ilia Malinin, especially this season. He does jumps and has his own signature move that even other competitive skaters say should be impossible to physics with the human body in earth's gravity -- and nobody else can land some of his jumps/combos and he makes them look so nonchalant easy. And he's still only in high school!
No comments:
Post a Comment