Wednesday, October 23, 2024

 O right yeah. Probably shouldn't just leave that there like that, right? 

Okay, so Broihahn Management guy came in and installed new garbage disposal so I now have a working one. But while testing it for leaks after installation, despite my traps being incredibly clean, neither side was draining properly, would just fill up the opposite side if you tried to drain water down one and then they would both fill with backflow water hardly draining. Nothing he could visibly see or find, his conclusion was it must be in the wall or further down the pipe system somewhere and my neighbors downstairs would have to call roto rooter services to find the source of the issue..... Ooft. Dana downstairs scheduled with them for their 8-12 window and I did warn her that I would need to go help my grandma by 11:30 at the latest and she let them know if they need access to my unit it would have to be early and they said they would put us front of queue. They will also check downstream from us to try to figure it out. 

Talked to insurance today, it's a bit complicated but all on same page. The hope is we can close this claim never move it forward not have it on my claims history record because I don't have over $1000 (my deductible) worth of damages to my property -- and a liability claim if neighbors/HOA tried would be different agent and claims process. 

But I have a few days still before choosing and I want to find out what roto rooter says/does and what Dana and Parker are intending to pursue with insurance.  Things could still get expensive and fraught, but I'm not going to dwell on that, I'm going to focus on visualizing roto rooter tells us it's a condo association problem further down than any of us. And that Dana and Parker decided they don't think claims or liability are an issue from when that disposal rusted and fell apart because it save a burst pipe in the walls from the clogs or bigger backflow ick.

Grandma was doing well today! (Well yesterday I guess.) Will see her again tomorrow (today now) and hopefully she will be in as good a mood. 

Got my optometry rescheduled for the Thurs after election day (and pet vet followups/vax are that Fri.) 

And tonight I went over to my parents house so I could wash the rug and all my rags that soaked up the backflow water and ick (unsure if the drainage from my washing machine goes to same drain paths where the clog is but didn't want to maje that worse or intentionally run much down the problems outflows til tomorrow) and had dinner and wine with my mom and we watched almost all of what we had dvred from Skate America (Grand Prix of figure skating) from the weekend. Just the last six ice dancers to finish. But there will be more skating soon. 

I still haven't gotten any further traction/adulting done on:

~my early in person absentee ballot at the library

~scheduling and getting my car's oil change, tire rotation, and alignment

But I'm feeling weirdly optimistic shiny and like I didn't lose ground really and the way this happened was to protect me from something worse happening from down pipe damage if it hadn't played out this way.

Tentatively, I'm thinking I will go early vote directly after I leave Grandma's on Thurs and start of next week I actually have a lot of opportunities for acr stuff and the insurance/plumbing stuff if that's ongoing. Before mg Aunt Kath and Aunt Geeta get in town on Thurs and then things get a bit chaotic in my world and won't really slow down until next year. 

And only one blank faced possessed driver did anything erratic stupid tried to kill me today, and it was from a dead stop not high speeds. 

It's late, I should be asleep. I can hardly keep my eyes open with this chamomile tea so nearly finished. And roto rooter could be here as early as 4hrs from now.

So bonne nuit! Sweetest dreams! More later (whenever that happens to be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment