Monday, December 4, 2023

O thinking of which! I ought to be more precise about what I said about the new neighbor down the hall....

I haven't ACTUALLY met the new neighbor yet and don't KNOW for certain what dog or how many dogs they have or if it's a family member's dog or a significant others dog....

What I DO know is:

~when the people unloading the moving truck were doing so, they had a too large for the condo rules white and light brown pittie who was running around inside and outside on the truck completely off leash and I watched out my balcony door window as the off leash pittie left the moving van while the humans were carrying something bulky, ran over peed on another neighbor's outdoor furniture on that neighbor's patio space, then run back to the ramp down from the truck bed.

~while moving things in, they were VERY loud in the hallways and I could hear EVERY word of every conversation they had including somoene asking about if the dog was allowe and a male voice saying, "that neighbor and that one both have dogs on this floor, so I would assume it's fine."

~Last Friday as I drove into the lot when Waffles and I came home, there were three people walking dogs that looked like the pittie that I had seen running around off leash while they were moving stuff and came whenever they called, eventually. One of them was walking away towards the parking lot or to the sidewalk along the street, the other two (each with a pittie, but on leash at least) unlocked and entered the door to my building

~Multiple times coming home late at night with Waffles, a very large dog, sometimes two, have started barking from that end unit. Not every time we come home late at night, but multiple times.

Those are the actual observed facts. As opposed to the conclusions drawn over the last week or so.

I felt bad about stating as fact my conclusions I inferred from the observations -- the new neighbor may not have any dogs and just know several people with large pitties who bring them to visit him?... I do think it's a male neighbor though since it was a male voice pointing out the other two units on the floor with dogs. Although maybe I oughtn't to assume that either without having met the new neighbor.

I do TRY to be clear, with myself and others, over whether things are observed, learned, assumed, or concluded. It's important to be clear as to which it is.... Especially if new data contradicts old "knowledge" to be clear as to when/where/how that "knowledge" was derived. I just think it's an important mental health habit to be clear about such things. Or maybe it's just having spent too much time in the hard sciences during formative schooling years. Whatever the reason, I do think it's an important mental health habit to know/assess when/where/how you have accepted a bit of "knowledge" or "truth" or "belief" that you hold onto. Clarity always helps dispel potential confusion or future problems, y'know?

Gotta run! I need to water allllll the plants at work -- the green babies have been sooooooo thirsty since the heaters came on! The melodramatic mfs (hibiscuses, fig trees, bird of paradise plants, nightshades that are still inside haven't yet finished fruiting) are needing water every 3 days as opposed to 3-4 and the rest have the soil drying out after about 5-6 days not their normal 7-10 days. So everybody is getting watered tonight so that I can water them next Sunday/Monday right before my flight next Tues morning out to SeaTac to visit my sister's family. (flight out there has layover in Vegas, flight back has like a 5hr middle of the night layover in Denver, but it was also like $79 between Christmas and NYE so I'm not going to complain -- I can spend the time reading if nothing else....)

No comments:

Post a Comment