Ok, I don't think it's that she hates piano music. 😂
Best I can think is that it energizes her instead of relaxing her, but she does like piano.
Tonight, I decided to try something else for her while I ran over to check on Henry (Crissy's cat_ while she's out of town for work. I thought Nickel Creek/Punch Brothers might be something she would like given her clear happy love of fiddle music. The playlist I put on also includes Chris's solo material and the first song was The Deceiver which has a ton of guitar at the start and is very chaotic not melodic. Well, let's just say.... Waffles' reaction was a flat out refusal to get in her kennel and she insisted she was going to leave with me wherever I was going rather than stay and listen to THAT. So I asked her if she wanted me to put Billy Joel back on and she snorted and nodded her head vigorously. As soon as I started All About Soul, she ran straight into her kennel and lay down tail thumping in excitement for her treat and a snoozle with Billy Joel music.
So it's not the piano. It's either the song choices of the Fransisco Turrisi covers I've had on the last couple nights while filing papers, or the tempos of the songs he plays energize her rather than soothe her and it had nothing to do with piano vs fiddle/strings pieces for what makes her restless/aggressive vs calm/happy. I will have to do some more observations/experiments before my next hypothesis to understand Waffles' tastes in music.
But she doesn't have an aversion to piano per se given she wanted/chose the Billy Joel I started her off on as having been Audrey's playlist while I was away in recent years (or at least it's less of an aversion than her dislike of the song The Deceiver, lol.)
No comments:
Post a Comment