Gah!!!! I cannot for the life of me find the cover of Listen to Your Heart that I heard at like 2am..... It's driving me absolutely batty!!!! It's definitely not the original by Roxette that came up when I searched the lyrics, because that's where I started and it was all spangly synth and hot pink spiky vocals, not grand piano with turquoise Caribbean/Mediterranean Sea lapping over white sands in the sunshine vocals..... And the ONLY cover I could find with piano so far is a Kelly Clarkson cover from 14 years ago and the tempo is different with the phrasing slowed down from the version I heard last night and her vocals are all shades of purples/magentas anyway..... And when I looked up "listen to your heart piano version" and "listen to your heart piano cover" all I found were beautiful instrumental versions played on the piano and tutorials for how to learn the piano part -- but I did not find covers with vocals and piano that way.....
And of course it was on a radio station that is NOT either iHeart or Audacy owned and does not have a website or app to see what songs they played....
I am so frustrated.... I'm listening to just the piano version on repeat because it's the closest I can get to the version I'm looking for and I love this piano version but still.... *Sigh* what's a girl got to do to get a cover of this song with piano and vocals that speak of the promise of light and new beginnings like the version of it on the radio at 2am?!??
Grumph.... At least there were gorgeous piano only versions (even with some fumbles missed keys because some of those parts are hard, I actually really love this arrangement by Francesco Parrino, definitely my favorite piano only version I found for the arrangement phrasing and soul of the song played through the keys) to listen to with the sunrise. And it's beautiful and I love this piano version listening to it over an hour now on repeat and plan to go down the rabbit hole of his other videos then social media follow him. But my heart wants a version with the vocals that speaks to me of holding that spark of hope that it's not yet too late to change course to find a path that heals makes things right rather than gives up walks away. I will settle for just a piano instrumental version for now, mostly because my options are limited, but I wish it to be known I desire a cover version with piano and vocals that promise the light of hope through the cracks that there's still another better way to take.
No comments:
Post a Comment