Tuesday, April 4, 2023

And if at first you don't succeed, Then dust yourself off and try again. You can dust it off and try again, try again. 'Cause if at first you don't succeed, You can dust it off and try again. Dust yourself off and try again, try again, Again, again

JANET PROTASIEWICZ WON!!!!!! JANET PROTASIEWICZ WON!!!!!! JANET PROTASIEWICZ WON!!!!!!  THEY ALREADY CALLED STATE SUPREME COURT AND JANET PROTASIEWICZ WON!!!!!!

I'm so happy!!!!!!! Right now, this pour of Busker single pot still is a celebratory one!! Slainte! 

(I have the grey label Busker and haven't yet tried the other two in the single collection but I've also tried the triple cask triple distilled green label. I like the single pot better than their standard triple cask triple distilled blend, but they're both delicious. My current bottle is getting low so I'll soon have to go buy more, though I'm hoping it can wait until after I get back from May trip to Washington to visit my sister. It's a really grand Irish whiskey at a ridiculously good price AND it's distilled by a woman in charge! I first tried both Busker and Sexton, another favorite whiskey though that one is a bit softer Spring like whereas Busker is spicy like fall into winter, at a Women and Whiskey tasting/lecture that Darian put together for Iowa Irish Fest. Brilliant information, book recommendations, and delicious new to me whiskeys with a bartender/lecturer willing to pour more of any whiskey you wanted more of in your taste, lol.)

O I'm so happy!!!! I expected it because Kelly was SUCH a corporate schill asshat with no credentials other than a corporate lawyer with a willingnes to support the Big Steal and try to flip Wisconsin delegates to find the votes last presidential election, so I expected Judge Protasiewicz (yes I always have to look up how to spell her name, and no I have no idea how to pronounce it) to win but I expect it to be less of a landslide early call (and in an April election in a battleground purple state, this is definitely a landslide win) because of how vehemently the anti-abortion activists have been and how much dark super pac money was getting funneled in for ads for him from Federalist Society and their associates......

So for pretty much the first time since I could vote, state Supreme Court is 4-3 liberal leaning which means there is FINALLY legal recourse for the voter suppression and gerrymandered redistricting maps (one of the referendum at the county level was about if fair redistricting maps should be independently commissioned.) But most important of all!!! Our State Attorney General's lawsuit against the 1849 abortion ban with no exceptions will make its way through appeals to this 4-3 State Supreme Court!!! Which means that both executive and judicial are no longer under the cpac think tank sway that has been a dig your heels in fight here since Scott Walker and the protests and arrests in the Cpaitol building and the dismissal of legislators over the union busting vote (everything happening in TN is a play book that happened in WI under Scott Walker; different issue but same tactics. It's taken well over a decade of fighting like hell to scrabble back to this point we can maybe get the state legislature back if we can fix the gerrymandered redistricting issues that this state legislature created so the republicans could always hold state senate and assembly...)

But it is, quite literally, no lie to claim that this Supreme Court seat win is literally the thin line bulwark to keep Wisconsin from becoming the fake elector turnover in the next presidential election.

Still waiting to find out about the special election for State Senate District 8 (a northern Milwaukee gerrymandered district that is traditionally always Republican; the former Republican retired and Evers set the special election for it to coincide with the April Supreme Court primary vote. If Knodl, the Republican, wins then if Republicans in state assembly put forward ungroudned impeachment against Evers or anyone else they politically dislike, the Republicans will hold 2/3 super majority in state Senate to push it through rubber stamp it since that's where impeachment votes happen at state level. That race is Knodl leading by about 700 votes with 91% of the votes in....) 

But o I'm so relieved and happy that things played out how I saw them playing out!!!! Doesn't matter how many precogs I have, and in this one I precogged one fateline of contingent precog of me receiving a group text from a family member on the other side of the country confusing me then giving me intense joy by being the one to give me the news -- and that seemed hella weird so I snorted and ignored it and I said, "Yeah I wish." And then before I'd even started watching returns because I thought it too early for any calls to be made, that text came in tonight and before I even opened it I started laughing and then whooping for joy because I knew what it was due to that one contingent precog (the only one I got at all about the election.) I have a tendency to dismiss certain precogs as "well that's illogical af makes no sense" and then when they somehow come true I just laugh. Because I can't say I didn't see it coming, but it still makes no sense to me and I'm just delighted that somehow it's true after all.

Anyway. JANET PROTASIEWICZ WON!!!!!! Raise a glass for "I'm not dead yet" Lady Democracy picking herself back up for yet another round in this damnably close battleground of a purple state that I've called home all this life. Cheers!

[Post Title: Lyrics to the Aaliyah song Try Again. And yes, I am a long time Aaliyah fan and since like middle school, this is the song I hear in my head when you've successfully won a round of fighting when the odds were stacked against you.]

No comments:

Post a Comment