Thursday, March 17, 2022

 I'm still in my "all my Irish friends are back in my life finally" party mode. It's a normal March phenomenon in my world, but it's accentuated by having lost it last year and having it cut short and then the year before worrying about my friends who and a near impossible time getting home to Ireland and losing thousands of dollars by being forced to cancel international touring and visas and nonrefundable travel/hotels.  So this year is pretty intense as it's been longer than usual since last seeing all my Irish scene friends. 

Tonight is We Banjo 3 in Peoria. Tomorrow night is Socks in the Frying Pan in Green Lake. Saturday is Socks in the Frying Pan in Cedarburg. Sunday is Skerryvore in Appleton. (Skerryvore is technically Scottish, not Irish. But same scene fam.) And then next week Mikaela is on Spring Break. And next Friday is Tim O'Brien at Stoughton Opera House - though he's from my bluegrass friends not Irish scene. 

But I will be masked at all the remaining shows as we're now at the two week mark before my Seattle visit. And being irresponsible by being unmasked so the boys could see my smile joy in their music for the shows last week when only I might pay for it is one thing. But being unnecessarily reckless with my three year old niece (too young to be vaccinated) and my third trimester pregnant sister is not something I'm willing to do. *shrugs* I take best care of myself when it's for the sake of taking care of others I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment