Friday, September 17, 2021

 1) I dealt with replacing my phone today!! I'm very happy and excited with my phone!!! *squee* I was thinking I'd go with the Samsung A52 5G but decided on the Motorola One 5G. They were pretty close in features but the Motorola was $100 cheaper with longer battery life. (I loathe iphones, they are very unresponsive for how light my touch is and I feel like I have to push my finger through the screen to get iphones or ipads to respond to me and then i get frustrated and angry and fuck up people's devices and they lock up the screen and the owner's freak out... and it's just not a good time for me any time I have to use an apple touch screen. So I don't want one for me. Not now, probably not ever tbh.....)  Also, Nestor the guy selling it was cute and thought I was cute and so gave me what discounts he could including the glass protector screen for free. (last time I bought a new phone, my cat went into ass hat mode and knocked it off a counter, only time he's EVER intentionally knocked anything off a counter/table, and it landed face down hit wrong and shattered the gorilla glass in the shape of a phoenix -- in under 24 hours of me having the phone. So I decided if possible, I'd just not leave the store without protecting it from accidental catting so I'll not have to buy a new phone the day after buying a new phone, lol.) Anyway, his name really was Nestor, but I doubt he was Athena in disguise.  He was just a cute tall bisexual gender fluid Asian-Latino biracial. Probably not Athena disguised as a human. Though he did laughingly comment on my own confusion and multiplicity of names when he asked my name, "Daniella. Only, that makes me feel formal. I'm Dani to my family and friends. Because otherwise I'd be Ella. And then I really WOULD be a walking Disney princess, not just look like one." and then after laughing at that he said, "Actually, you do remind me a bit of Belle" and I made a face said, 'O. That was the nickname kids at school teased me with all throughout elementary school and middle school. because I'm always reading and have books on me. And I look like her. And it's a small step from Ella to Belle." At which he laughed said I had nearly as many names as Odysseus. But I still don't think this Nestor was a Greek god pretending to be a human. Probably not. Also he's the reason I switched from what I'd intended. After telling him what I'd eyed up based on specs and price points online I was leaning toward the a52 and the reasons, I asked him straight out, "Okay, before we ring things up, is there any that you'd say I should seriously consider other than the Samsung A52?" and he absolutely lit up and said, "If I were you, I'd get the Motorola One 5g. Let me show you why!" I also really love that it has hand motion cues to turn on the camera and a double chop to turn the flashlight on and off. Like, as a dog owner, being able to turn the flash light on with a double chop hand motion to make sure I can find/pick up my dog's poop instead of having to find my flash app is really a wonderful thing!"

It's sooooo weird going from "omg my phone turns itself off dead if unplugged for 10 seconds and must be always plugged into wall or external battery" to having a phone with a 2 day battery life even when used pretty constantly. My brain is having, "Wait what?! You're still at 100%?!" since charging it fully after it had finished all the app updates and syncing. I keep having panicky "Ack! There's no cable! And none within arm's reach! Shit shit shit shit shit it's gonna die!" moments then reminding myself "It's okay Dani. Shush! You're not living that making do life any longer. Turn your phone on and look. See? it's literally at 100% still, 3 hours later...."

1.5) Also. I definitely went with the pretty princess clear pink case with silver rainbow sparkly stars and glitter like a disco ball rose colored glasses universe (the phone itself is a gorgeous blue.)  Also also, the wallet I bought instead of a phone case wallet is ACTUALLY a sparkly halloween-vibed Disney princess one of Snow White with poisoned apples saying "Just One Bite" and that literally has my name printed on it. I have a hard time spending more than i think I should on something I don't particularly love -- so I've been looking for a wallet I like at a reasonable price point for like 2.5-3 years. I was very happy to find the one that I'm waiting for it to ship to me that i bought on pre-order from Hot Topic for $15 after shipping with my bonus cash. The Disney princess witchy sparkly dark one that literally has my name on it, lol. I'm just using the leather phone case wallet from my old phone until the new wallet comes in. Tore out the phone case plastic part. So mostly just like a regular wallet now.

2) Just took care of my online portion for renewing my driver's license. Will have to DMV at some point to finish up though because Real ID. But I'll do it this coming week, yeah? Just have to get it completed before my birthday  in like 2 weeks.

3) I also decided tonight that to reward me for getting those things done and also as a gift to myself for my birthday, I was going to buy myself this Liquid Light candle from Mossy. I've been coveting the selenite athame to be the balance for my obsidian cord cutting athame, but not with the wrap and intentions on how she sells it solo. And this candle has been calling to me since she released it and isn't sold out yet. (I've also been eyeing this particular cauldron with the triple moon on it.)

4) Sketchy guys from next door were once again trying to use our work lot to sell cars without license plates.... And my dad went to talk to them while a bunch of us were having cocktails (and i was watering the plants outside that needed it) before Crissy and I had dinner together and caught up on the week. And Ethan (the new tech we hired last week) who lives right across the road asked if I'd seen or knew why there were half dozen cop cars (marked and unmarked) here last night and I told him I hadn't even come in. Had been dealing with fire trucks at my condo instead, lol. So maybe not the best idea I've ever had for me to be at work by myself with my dog getting the last of my hours in for the week.... But that said, I punched in at 7:07, when I did the math I need 4 hours and 4 minutes more of working -- which means i can head home at 11:11 -- which is a hell of a lot of angelic numbers.And like, I'll trust the angels on it.

5) I have no plans for tomorrow except that at some point my dog and I will pick up Crissy drive over to Weston's Antique Apple Orchard to buy more apples while the home stand is open between 3 and 6. (Crissy has to clean/move stuff around before her apartment complex replaces her windows on Tuesday -- so I'll just be going to deal with the the volatile haunts at the park where the old mental hospital in Wauwautosa was by myself (with my dog) on Monday for the full moon or maybe Tuesday. The full moon is at like 6pm, so like, I want to deal with this at midday. So six one, half dozen the other if I do it midday before the full moon or midday after. Well, I guess it's the difference between moon in Pisces and moon in Aries tho...)  And tomorrow I'll likely take the dog on a good long walk at some point in the morning. Just around the neighborhood near me most likely. O and Sarah went to the farm for fresh eggs today -- which is good because I've been out for AGES.... And so I have 5 dozen eggs to bring home tonight which means I can make some sort of egg dish for brunch!

*yawns* okay. More working.

No comments:

Post a Comment