On the scale from 1 to divinely protected ditziness: I thought to check for a Cubs game at Wrigley AND I knew that Packers first pre-season game is at 7pm tonight but never thought to check when/where the first pre-season Bears game is.... Yeah, it was definitely today, at Soldier Field, at noon. You know, the Soldier Field right down in Millenium Park near Chicago Art Institute.... Yeah. jacked up the weekend pricing like woah -- but we rolled in about 10:30am (opens to members at 10, general public at 11) and then got overwhelmed by the number of humans around 2ish and so went to late night Thai for mid-afternoon lunch/dinner which we ate in the car (still not allowing indoor dining there, only carryout/delivery) before heading home. I loved getting to see the Obama portraits in person though!!! And seeing them on their national tour from the National Gallery was extra special to see them in Chicago where Barack and Michelle met and started their interwoven lives! So of all places to see them, seeing them in Chi-town was brilliant!!!
Hit a little traffic leaving Chicago til past O'Hare, but not unexpected or bad by Chi standards. Stopped by the Belvidere-Genoa Starbucks right off the highway next to a petrol station and a Walmart, rather than the Belvidere Oasis. Finally got to try the Kiwi-Starfruit Refresher (nearly every Starbucks is always out when I try to order it) and it was really good. It didn't really taste like kiwi or starfruit (though it had pieces of both in it) just sort of tasted like Sweet Tarts and sour green flavor. You know, "sour green" which isn't like a real apple, but sour green flavored... So if you like sweet tarts or sour green flavored things (and aren't allergic to kiwi or starfruit) you'll enjoy this refresher!
Then made it back into town with time to pick up my dog, talk to my parents a bit, drop off Crissy, water/harvest from my back planters at work before Packers kickoff at 7pm. So I'mma hang out at work with my pup til the end of the game (no internet or TV at home) and watch tonight's pre-season game. Even though I'm not wearing Packers gear (I have on one of my fav dresses that I only wear sometimes, it looks like water-color impressionist style flowers in poppy orange, olive green, turquoise on a white base with a long tie halter/belt top. It moves really nicely too!!! It's a summery maxi dress in autumn colors -- so I like it in late summer/early autumn harvest season -- and it's nice because I can widen the halter/top/ties to cover most of my back/shoulders if chilly OR I keep it tighter so it's mostly open back -- and I can put the back as high or low as I desire on my waist/back and wrap the ties how I want. It probably makes more sense from pictures, lol. And we just got a touchdown so I have a commercial break! WOOHOO!!!! TOUCHDOWN GREEN BAY!!!!!!!!!!
(Ignore the clear back strap on my bra that I didn't move in that last "lower open back" example. Or don't ignore it if you don't want to since it's there, lol.)
Also, even with my long arms (my height it just shy of 5'8, but my wingspan is 5'10, lol) trying to get pictures of my own back and/or my own entire body is not particulalry easy. Thus all the wonky angles and bemused ironic looks and finally laughing at myself resorting to the bathroom mirror and still having difficulties.
But yeah, I do love this dress. It just has to be the right time of year, event, feelings about body image, and mood to wear it. It's super comfortable though -- it's not particularly restricting even with the halter/ties wrapped around multiple times before tying -- it's just flowy nice movement. But like, for sitting in the car, it's like being wrapped in a blankey toga not restrictive modern clothes like sitting that long in jeans.
P.S. 9:39pm addendum:
Ooft this pre-season game is not going in our favor though....
Also though, my barette popped out when I bent over to pet the dog just now and I just started laughing as the curl beast cried, "FREEDOM!!!!"
Those with straight hair will never understand the forever battles with curly hair.... This isn't even a freshly washed floof -- I washed the main yesterday. Honestly, you just have to laugh, no matter what the volume and curl patterns do. And sometimes, you just have to accept that their are stubborn things in this world that you have to let them be free to do as they please because attempts at control ain't gonna do jack shit except make things worse.











No comments:
Post a Comment